Workout cadence

I notice that the work outs I’ve done this year do not require me to hold a specific cadence.
Last year , they did.
Have the cadence requirements been removed or is it just the specific work outs I’m doing?
If the cadence requirements have been removed, what was the reasoning?

I just finished the Build Me Up plan. Pretty much every workout included cadence targets.

Which plan are you doing?

I have been doing workouts in the 10-12 week FTP Builder.
Today I decided to impose my own cadence by making myself hold 100 RPM for several of the segments.

Some workouts have cadence and wattage targets while others only have wattage targets. If you could provide me the name of the workout in the training plan you’re attempting I can verify if it has a cadence target or not.

If you need some more information, here’s a link to an article that goes over ERG mode in general. When Zwift asks you to meet a cadence goal it’s just a different way of getting to your wattage target.

I am also doing the build me up plan. I am new to zwift. Running it on an iPad, with wahoo cadence and speed sensors. The speed sensor appears to be functioning correctly however the cadence never rises above 61 rpm. I know this is incorrect as it it working correctly on my garmin. Looking through the forums there appears to be many people suffeting with thr same problem. Can anyone advise if this is a permanent issue that will not be resolved?