Windows 10 - Zwift keeps closing itself without error message after a few hour

Hello Zwift Community,

since 2,5 weeks i am trying to get the Eversting badge but the Windows 10 Version of Zwift keeps closing itself after a few hours without error message.
First try it closed after 3,5 hours. Second attempt it closed after 5,5 hours. on my third attempt it started to lag like hell while only had 5% CPU and around 7% GPU usage.

Anyone has any idea what could be causing that?

I have no other Problems with my Computer. Everything is working well.
Other games work for long gaming sessions ( more then 10 hours ) without any Problems

Overheating?

Is anything running in the background that could force Zwift to close?

Are you on a laptop or a desktop? If desktop, maybe try removing the cover to get more airflow, and point a small fan at the CPU.

As I mentioned in my post:
CPU usage is 5% and GPU around 7%.
I run my system on custom water cooling.
The CPU and GPU are around 40°C.
Everything else is working well. I can play games like gtav ( which has around 80% CPU and GPU usage) for 10 hours+ without any problems.

Maybe try dropping the log file of the crashed session into zwiftalizer.com and see if it tells you anything.

1 Like

If crashing is your issue, I would suggest you try finding more info in Window’s event log.

See my favorite post, “Sending Crash Logs to Support” :slight_smile:

“Cool” machine you have there… :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @picard

if the crash happened in the past 24 hours, please email your crash log to support@zwift.com

If the crash is a few days old, please follow these directions. Specifically, we want the log.txt file from the date that the crash occurred, and also the file called ComputerSpecs.txt

My suspect on a high-spec computer is a graphics driver that needs updating. Please also see this support article.