Windows 10 and Bluetooth connection issues

Same issue here… I had to reinstall my windows 10 laptop because the harddrive crashed. And now I can’t get Zwift to work anymore on my laptop. On my iPhone it worked fine, so it’s not my Elite Direto X…
Any help is welcome…
My Windows version : 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Hi @Bart_Van_Lommel

Welcome to the forum.

This may be of some help: Zwift thinks BLE is off after Win10 reinstall? [SOLVED] - #2 by Ben_Brawn_HVR

2 Likes

I likewise have the same problem as the early photo, but with a Dell Desktop bought new with Win10 Home 64-bit. My “Use Zwift Companion” choice is grayed out, whether Bluetooth on Win10 is on or off. I am happier with the ANT+ receiver, but if ZC needs Bluetooth then I’m stuck, right? I will try un-installing Zwift, rebooting Windows twice then re-installing Zwift. Any ideas on necessary Windows services??

ZC uses wifi to “talk” to Zwift on your Windows 10 PC, just make sure they are both on the same network. I suggest using ANT+ with Win10, bluetooth seems to have a lot of issues with windows and Zwift.

Your a star ty, that seemed to get me sorted after a recent Win10update

Had the same issue yesterday. My bluetooth was cut mid game, I managed to reconnect it but all stats, exp, drops, badges, elevation gain and distance weren’t updated to Zwift.

I had a slight luck since the data were uploaded to my Strava and Zwift Companion App after saving in Zwift and exiting without any problem (All ride details were there) but weird since my Zwift In-Game stats didn’t update at all.

Filed for a help ticket and send zwift support team with e-mail including all in-game screenshots from my saved activity on strava and Zwift Companion App with log and fit files for their investigation. Just waiting for their reply.

Hopefully this will be resolved, such a huge disappointment to experience this. I hope this won’t happen during my planned vEveresting soon.

I know it is really very irritating when you are working and want to transfer the file, but due to Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 it is not possible to transfer the data. I think you need to reinstall the Bluetooth device. Follow the steps-
*Go to Search option and type devmgmt.msc > open device manager.
*Right-click on Bluetooth>Uninstall, then restart your PC. Your problem might be solved.