Why I am Too slow

So here is what happing

I made sure that the wheel is tight to the Tacx

I setup the resistance at 6

The result were so disappointed

It has been a while since I use my Satori with Zwift, but I don’t think the manual resistance setting should be at 6, I think it should be level 1.

How tight is the wheel? From the pic it looks to be barely touching.

You will still need to do a calibration with the Tacx app: https://support.garmin.com/en-HK/?faq=kWxwkn5oIb4EvS49S4yvY9

also make sure you tire is inflated to the correct psi. A flat tire won’t work too well :crazy_face:

1 Like

You should also think about investing in a slick tire, that tire is not made for the trainer.

3 Likes

As Paul says, turn resistance to minimum and keep it there. This is not a smart trainer so increasing resistance will just increase the difficulty without getting extra watts and therefore speed on Zwift. Zwift will calculate watts, and then the “in game” speed, based only on your wheel speed. You will use your gears to increase wheel speed and hence in game watts.

This part is incorrect.

It is a Smart trainer in that it DOES transmit watts to Zwift, it just doesn’t automatically adjust resistance (I have the same trainer)…

1 Like

My apologies!
Now I have less idea why the watts are so low…
But from experience with Tacx Vortex, tyre type, tyre inflation and calibration are the likely culprits! As has been pointed out.

2 Likes

I have an idead, why the watts are so low.
It’s the tyre.
Get a slick tyre, or better a trainer tyre!

I have many issues with Zwift. But I love it. Gerrie Deport is ZERO help with any of my issues.

What issues are you having? @Gerrie_Delport has helped a lot of people on these forums with Zwift issues.

I only see 2 posts of yours so I don’t see how Gerrie has not been helpful for you.

2 Likes

The montain bike issue
the speed issue, mainly uphill, Zwift is telling me i’m going 4 mph and my garmin is telling me I’m going 11 or 12 mph. I have runners passing me up hill.

You need to update your Zwift APP

Ignore what the Garmin is displaying, it will hardly ever match what Zwift is showing.

Ok, how in-game speed is determined.

For virtual power:

Zwift takes the wheel speed broadcast by your speed sensor and the power curve of the trainer you select on the Pairing Screen and converts that to virtual watts. With those watts, the weight entered, height entered, in-game bike used, in-game drafting (Tri and TT bikes get no drafting boost), in-game wheel set, in-game road surface, and in-game virtual elevation changes your in-game speed is determined.

For a Smart trainer or Power meter:

It takes the watts broadcast, the weight entered, height entered, in-game bike used, in-game drafting (Tri and TT bikes get no drafting boost), in-game wheel set, in-game road surface, and in-game virtual elevation changes your in-game speed is determined.

When I am running on Zwift I pass runners going up hill. For runners the entire Zwift world is flat, speed does not change based on elevation changes.

My garmin speed matches what I do in real life the Zwift speed is BS

Your Garmin does not know about the Zwift variables that I posted previously. Speed within Zwift is pretty accurate.

Can you post a run down of your Zwift setup so I can help you understand how speed works within Zwift.

More or less your in-game speed will drop when going up a virtual incline and increase when going down, your Garmin does not know anything about that.

i’m 6" 245 # on a road bike

In real life going up a 6 or 7 or 8 % hill iwill so around 10 mph. on Zwift i go 4 mph.

Im using garmin sensors, speed and cadence

Again, can you give us a rundown of your Zwift setup so maybe we can assist you a little better.

what do you mean by set up???

Ok, what trainer are you using and is it a supported trainer?

At best you are getting estimated watts which can be far from accurate.

ipad and a Tacx Vortex