What's going on with ZwiftPower?

You being a paid customer does not entitle you to anything but the use of Zwift. Zwift does not need to nor owe it to users to tell us anything about how they run their business, business acquisitions, or otherwise. Last I checked, Zwift was a private company. We are users/consumers not shareholders. Whether they tell us anything or not is entirely up to Zwift and not a reflection of customer service.

19 Likes

I just want to say an extreme thank you to the crew that did run ZwiftPower. They were the heroes that we needed and they ran a great service. @Glen_Knight sincerely thank you all. You guys made racing fun by compiling results into a global ranking and making leagues/series/points races a possibility.

I really hope that the work that you guys did was #1 well compensated and not taken and #2 continues forward with the excellent reputation that you’ve provided thus far.

30 Likes

They’re entitled to do whatever they want, including quadrupling the subscription fee for anyone called Alan. Doesn’t mean that’s a reasonable or sustainable way of looking after their customers.

3 Likes

I’m sure there will be an announcement in due course. Or zoon. Whichever comes last, as per Zwift Communication guidelines.

The key thing is that the community are given ample time to try and work out what is going on, before a message goes out that doesn’t make things any clearer.

5 Likes

You said there would be an announcement yesterday and there wasn’t. Again, stick to what you commit to. Your credibility is already shot to begin with and now rumors are forming that this was more hostile takeover than anything. Get your act together - what Zwift is doing is unprofessional. Where is the announcement???

3 Likes

Maybe we’ll get an announcement when the UI finally arrives.

6 Likes

why do so many “paying subscribers” demand all this information like they are a board member?

i don’t demand things from netflix, spotify, or any other subscriber service. when new releases come out, i check them out. sometimes i’ll make request and cross my fingers that a majority of others have to and we see it incorporated, but i don’t demand it.

14 Likes

It’s more about how they did it which is now swirling in rumors and it doesn’t reflect well on Zwift. Making an announcement is proper business and doing it right - it has nothing to do with what paying customers “demand”. They can choose to run things how they want to - but if they think that people won’t leave because they botch this hostile takeover and ruin a huge piece of the community they’ve got another thing coming. And their little e-sports pipe dream ain’t anything without a large enough subscribing community to fund their ops. They fail to realize the value in their product is the community. Maybe they should be investing more in that. Another product will come along and people will leave in droves. It won’t take much at all.

1 Like

Demand is a bit strong - Zwift has just taken an important part of the inline community that was Zwiftpower in-house with zero communications. It seems reasonable that users of Zwiftpower ask what the future plans are in the light of this significant change, seeing as Zwift’s intent seemed to be to say nothing. The excellent people who ran Zwiftpower are also being careful about what is said, which also leads people, rightly or wrongly, to infer the worst.

What is quite interesting is that nobody seems to think this is a good thing, which given Zwift’s record in e-racing is fairly understandable. After all the reason Zwiftpower existing is that native Zwift tools for racing were terrible, and the approach by them lamentable. Nobody want’s to go back to that.

9 Likes

Do any of the Veruca Salts of the forum know the exact details of the deal between Zwift and ZP? No? Then how do they claim to know that NOW! is the appropriate time for Zwift to make an announcement about details that may not even be fully worked out yet? If they are not fully worked out, what is Zwift supposed to say? “We don’t quite know what is happening yet, but here is what we hope will happen. But of course, since it isn’t finalized, maybe it won’t happen. But we hope it will.” Would that be a “professional” move? Shuji said yesterday that an announcement (about the rapidly developing scenario) would be made shortly (note please that he did not say an announcement would come out before the end of yesterday). This thread sounds exactly like the OMG Why are the France routes event-only?!?! thread—i.e. mad panic over what ended up being absolutely nothing.

7 Likes

They need to make an announcement because otherwise rumors will form. Zwiftpower was widely used and now all of a sudden it’s taken over by Zwift is a big deal to the community. That’s how business works - it’s professionalism. And it’s informing their customers. How would you feel finding out something second/third-hand versus straight from the authority? It doesn’t look good on them. And now it doesn’t matter if it’s happened or not; they need to set the record straight because word got out.

3 Likes

Zwift is probably still working on the details, this was most probably a working progress and some information got out. Most big changes like this does not happen over night.
So when all the details are known they can make a proper announcement.

The way it stand now is ZP is still working and all our data is still there.
So for “paying customers” (wow I hate that phrase, is anyone a free customer?) it is business as usual.

5 Likes

If the details aren’t finalized yet, what record would they be setting straight? Again, Shuji was the second reply up top, saying that things are moving quickly.

Edit—changed “wouldn’t” to “would” :confused:

Runners, they also use ZP.

4 Likes

A post made on a forum - again, things got out so they need to address it publicly and not by a “Community Manager” on their forum that a fraction of their user base even looks at let alone knows about.

5 Likes

I don’t know what you want them to say.

“Yes Zwift will bring ZP in house, stay tuned”

I am also interested about the details, but it will have to wait until all the details is finalized.

4 Likes

Posting on a forum that barely anyone reads is not “public”. Post on social media or send an email out. And saying they will bring it in house when it’s already done seems like they missed the boat and this got out. It doesn’t take long to post something more than one sentence, especially when the vibe is that Zwiftpower got shafted by Zwift. I’d normally give them the benefit of the doubt but they’ve screwed so many things up / over-promised and under-delivered that my patience has run thin.

1 Like

Also, what’s their plan for Zwiftpower? Do they seriously have no idea at this point that they can’t provide any guidance/plan? Especially if this has been in the works for some time?

I’ll put it another way too - some of the best developments/features to come on Zwift have come from outside providers like Zwiftpower, WTRL, Club/Community driven rides and they’re taking one of those away. The best ideas have come from outside their company and they’re closing their doors MORE instead of opening them more. And leaving the community in the dark to these changes happening and why they’re happening.

Oh and BTW we still don’t have the promised improved UI or club functionality and you still have to quit the whole game to change worlds but we have France and look e-racing is sorta legitimate because of the Virtual Tour that isn’t the official Tour still happening later this year!

EDIT don’t forget the fence that STILL isn’t fixed!

3 Likes

Where are those people leaving for? At present, there don’t seem to be any good alternatives. Certainly none that have their own community support and race systems in place that I’m aware of.