Thank you Sticky, you are a LEGEND to us. Appreciation thread

Thank you so much Sticky! your hard work made Zwift Racing much better.

7 Likes

As I posted on the ZP forum:

Absolutely so. Zwift Racing would be the great place it is without Sticky’s contribution and diligence in performing his role there. My virtual hat is off to you, Sticky. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

21 Likes

Well said. Cheers Dave, from Dave. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work Sticky.

Unfortunately, I guess that means it really is all downhill for Zwift racing from now on.

1 Like

I think this marks the end of Zwift racing.
No Zwift power.
No tracking of cheats
No commenting on races.
Time to head over to RGT and hit Zwift where it hurts?

4 Likes

Just want to say to Sticky as well:

a massive thank you from us here at Zwift. We had the opportunity to meet back in the summer and you taught us everything we needed to know about ZwiftPower.

I didn’t even realize at the time how intricate it was, though I see now the herculean effort we have before us to follow your lead.

You’re a legend for sure in this community, and it’s a well-deserved title as far as I’m concerned.

Thank you for everything.

13 Likes

thank you for attempting to moderate the cursed zwift racing community

2 Likes

I understand pulling discussion of cheats (they’re paying customers, can’t be having that) but this is a clear step backwards.

9 Likes

How very pessimistic. ZwiftPower itself isn’t going anywhere as far as I know, for one thing.

1 Like

Thanks Sticky for all your work! great tool it is / was:-(

2 Likes

Great work Sticky! Tireless work

4 Likes

Massive thanks to Sticky and the zwiftpower community overall.

“Community” especially organic ones like ZP speaks huge volume on the creators and contributors’ love for cycling and SHOULD be treasured! They made virtual cycling so much more fun for the rest of us especially in these dark times.

My fear is this trend will eventually lead to a thread where we echo the words of Frank Herbert: Zwiftpower is dead, long live zwiftpower!

Let’s hope that day doesn’t come any time soon. mainwhile let’s take our banter here.

3 Likes

Thanks Sticky, you always came through with a patient answer. You gave a newbie like me a place to turn to for expert advice.

5 Likes

Thanks Sticky, and founders of zwiftpower!

1 Like

Thanks a thousand times Sticky…for all your hard work on ZP, your willingness to help solving issues, answer questions, creating leagues, track down cheaters and many many more…but above all, bringing Zwift racing to the next level and the next and the next…thx buddy!

7 Likes

No, but Sticky was one of the absolute only people to dedicate time to spot .fit files cheaters and actually DQ people.

6 Likes

Cheers Sticky… and James, of course, and all the others that contributed to the development of ZP.com.

Was this announced before, btw? Came a bit as shock this morning :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Sticky - I mainly only rad threads and learnt a lot from them. \

Legend!!!

2 Likes

Plenty of us only stuck with racing recently because doing the higher quality series like KISS and knowing Sticky was on it with the cheats made racing legit.
That’ll go to the dogs now I expect.

Sticky are race organisers still able to cull dodgy results?

Apparently the race scene is picking up on RGT so might be worth moving there instead.

RGTpower anyone?

5 Likes

Cheers Sticky and the regulars who DQ’d/called out the blatant cheaters, it made the pain of racing far more bearable. I shall certainly miss some of the nonsense justification of numbers from the World Tour number cheats/sandbaggers and the pure insanity from that Indurainian something-or-other guy, highly entertaining, although, on a positive note I woke up this morning 15kg lighter (I think I shall grow 10cm tonight as well) and no-one is going do anything about it, hooray, A+ here I come!

2 Likes