Thank you Sticky, you are a LEGEND to us. Appreciation thread

Sticky Thank You!!!
Undoubtedly the main responsible for the evolution of Zwift Racing

2 Likes

Thank you, Sticky!

1 Like

Thanks Sticky!

and where do we go from here? is RGT really a decent alternative for training and occasional racing?

4 Likes

Don’t give up on Zwift just yet Kamil! :joy:

Thankyou for all the help and advice you have given all of us…

2 Likes

Honestly… I’m fed up with the way zwift treats us.
The decisions are made behind closed door and with no notice whatsoever.
They are taking ZP down step by step and it was the only thing that kept me personally with zwift.
Outside of this I see no point in subscribing.

4 Likes

yeah - see you point.

The KISS 100 B race though … you won’t be able to live without :wink:

3 Likes

That’s true, the KISS 100 races are the best events on the whole platform…
but hopefully as weather improves and the covid situation gets under control because of the vaccine programmes, there will be more riding/racing outside soon…

3 Likes

Sticky appreciation. :+1:

I hope that Zwift is going to take community racing seriously and not ignore it in favour of ZRL / Tour de Zwift / ZHQ races exclusively. I’m worried about where it’s going with Sticky shown the door.

3 Likes

I guess this very much depends on what you want to use Zwift for, and whether there are any credible alternatives. If the latter don’t exist, cutting off your nose to spite your face doesn’t seem the best thing to do.

I doubt Zwift want to take down ZwiftPower. After all, if that was the goal they could just have turn off its access at the flick of a bit.

And given Zwift’s partnership with the UCI and ambitions to have their platform underpin eRacing at the Olympics, if they just pulled ZP they’d be pulling the rug out from under their own feet, surely.

1 Like

Thanks ZP Sticky :facepunch::fist: from all at Team IRL Cycling

2 Likes

I think the issue is other than zrl they are 100% focused on the pro end of racing and seem unwilling to make improvements to benefit the community.

Very frustrating that 3 years later we are still talking of the same issues that could be easily improved on and this step of removing race comments and the great work sticky does is another step in the wrong direction. Sticky was very active and helpful on the zp forums and we can see zwift already won’t be providing the same level of service.

6 Likes

They are trying to bring to these forums the Race Comments: Post-Race Discussion Template & Guidelines. I agree that is important to make constructive criticism, but i think Zwift Racing community is quite mature. The people behind the flame wars are the ones who abused the system.

We need to do our best to be constructive, reading the Zwift forum moderators, i feel them by our side.

1 Like

True enough, and I agree this probably could have been fixed much sooner.

But pragmatically I would think Zwift have been focused on growth more than anything else. Possibly to the detriment of consolidation even. And the facts of the matter (as presented by Eric Min or Jon Mayfield as I recall) are that racers are a small proportion of the Zwift user base. As a company it would make sense to concentrate efforts on the larger group.

I do still think they will sort racing out. We’re in a better position than 5 years ago when racers were very ad hoc affairs. “Meet at the Watopia start line for 7pm, then wait for someone to say go!” “Neutral” roll outs, “start racing at the sprint line” and all. ZwiftPower came about largely as part of us trying to address problems with working out who finished first etc. and while they’ve done nothing much regarding categorisation, Zwift have implemented a lot that makes racing better.

ZwiftPower was only ever supposed to be a workaround because Zwift weren’t doing it themselves. If they’re going to do it themselves, great. From what they’ve said they do have people directly working on supporting racing. Flint’s been very visibly engaging on this forum for example. I can understand it if they don’t want all the dirty washing done in public; and of course there’s always Facebook’s “Zwift Racers” group for venting (although IIRC they don’t allow accusations of cheating either).

I think the perceived way that Zwift took over ZwiftPower in a seemingly hostile manner left a bitter taste. (It might not have been like that at all, but that’s the perception I have from what went on and the things people said - or didn’t say.) But I also take this as meaning they have their eyes on racing, want more direct control over it; and I’d give them the benefit of the doubt. At least for the next 6 months say. If nothing has significantly improved by then, maybe people are right that rank and file community racing on Zwift is a dodo.

3 Likes

Thank you Sticky. You were always quick, responsive, concise, and accurate with the way you helped people. Watching you in action over the years was truly admirable.

4 Likes

Thanks Sticky for everything you have done for the community, legend. :grin: :facepunch:

2 Likes

If this is true, why are so many of their updates focused on things like steering and boost mode? The proportion of users who those items have to be minuscule.

1 Like

Are they though? The pace of change in those areas seems quite slow to me.

Steering at least isn’t racing-specific. Indeed a lot of races and events have it turned off. Boost mode isn’t mainstream is it yet? It was introduced 6 months or more ago wasn’t it? I’ve seen some changes, but I don’t do a lot of races so maybe there’s a lot of changes I haven’t seen.

Besides, something not being the sole or primary focus doesn’t mean it would get no attention.

1 Like

I’m just referring to the number of times those come up in the monthly updates. The attention those get seems disproportionate to the number of users who take advantage of those features.

Let’s keep the FUN in dysfunctional, okay?

1 Like