Thank you Sticky, you are a LEGEND to us. Appreciation thread

Correct Tom, you are right.

Have you tried it yet? I was thinking the same.

Yes, Iā€™ve tried it. On the face of it, it looks decent, but itā€™s still underdeveloped from my quick observations.
Negatives: You need to run two apps at once. No android compatibility. No ant+ compatibility (I canā€™t use my garmin hrm). The magic roads are far from accurate. There are very few people riding and not enough group events.
On the positive side, the cycling dynamics are great. There is breaking in the corners, nice drafting visuals let you know how much you save in a draft, pure wkg doesnā€™t rule the world, overtaking is more like real-world and you can get boxed in behind a group of riders. Also, graphics are pretty nice and many options can be accessed for free.
I think the app has potential, especially for race-minded people, but it does need a lot of work.

3 Likes

Top top guy and always helpful. Sad loss if heā€™s no longer helping out here.

I always wondered if he got paid by ZPā€¦ because he should have !

3 Likes

Whatā€™s happening with the KISS series now? Sticky do you still have the power to cull the cheats? Race today was silly, plenty of riders with dodgy numbers. No dual recordings uploaded.

Is this how it is now?

no idea if he can change anything or not but he has stated that the regular non 100 series isnt as strict on duals depending on how many entrants there are. i do think event organisers can still DQ riders at their discretion. a few guys in ZRL this season have been caught abusing sticky watts and the community leagues are policed by WTRL

Thatā€™s good.

Itā€™s pretty obvious from the races I have done over the past week that the cheats are back in force.

The kiss races in the week had now been subject to dual recording in the last month. Hopefully that sticks as I like the races but I pulled out yesterday when the top 5 were climbing the epic at 6w/kg. None of them dual record or demonstrate their weight.

1 Like

yeah i did one at pacific time before the forum closure, but because there were only 8 entrants in A, nobody got DQed with only the winner and myself (6thā€¦) posting DRs.

some series i can recommend:

DBR
Fusion (not perfect)
Deeside (removed a sticky watts guy after I explained the concept to themā€¦ no idea how iā€™d do that now. maybe on FB)

actually, if you have FB, look for ā€œzwift racersā€ and see who actively promotes their leagues there. you can generally reach them easily

1 Like