What is the point of these forums if Zwift themselves never respond?

Mark, you are right in almost all points.
But I do not want to change the platform.

Perhaps I am just a lucky old fart, but since I found help in this forums and upgraded my hardware I have no issues.

Ride on!

1 Like

The attempt to transfer the racing community over from the ZwiftPower forums has almost completely failed too IMO. That was a pretty active board, there’s virtually nothing here by comparison.

2 Likes

This kind of thing is one of the points of these forums - Schwinn mPower Echelon2 with ANT+ won’t pair with Zwift - #18 by Shazaam_Stilgar

1 Like

The forums are also listed in the companion app, most users are probably more likely to see it there than the website. Zwift’s communication and support needs to improve, that is obvious. Hopefully the new guy, Mark Cote (i think is his name) will do a better job in this area. I’ve already seen him comment a few times on these forums.

1 Like

Mark makes a superb point here. This is the case on just about any Forum for any type of platform, where Zwift, Garmin, your favorite car, health forums, etc… I would guess Zwift may even have a slight bit higher forum engagement rate because it is a somewhat tech product and forum users tend to be more technically involved.

Additionally, most people come to a forum initially because they need help or have a question. Rarely does someone come to a forum initially for fun and reading. Therefore, the typical initial forum user is someone that is having some kind of an issue, therefore a complaint. Thus the user base is by nature skewed to folks that are initially upset about something. Forums in general therefore do NOT represent the views of the mass majority of a product’s users. Zwift is correct, like most other companies, in only putting a limited stock in the views expressed on a forum because of the biased nature of the participantship.

I am a retired business exec from high tech, most of my career was in a company every person here would likely know. In some portions of that career I let consumer product based businesses. While we cared about what was expressed on our forum and wanted to help users, it is by nature something that is going to get low amounts of attention compared to applying resources for new products, features, bug fixes, marketing, etc…

maybe that particular bug takes more than 1 day to investigate and fix…?

I’m sure it will take more than 1 day to deal with the bug. ALL of them on Zwift take well over a day to fix. In fact some of them take years to fix. The OP’s rant isn’t about how long it takes but about the lack of response by ZwiftHQ to these posts on the forum. There is literally zero response and it’s largely two guys, Shooj and Flint. Mr. Cote has chimed in a few times but for the most part it’s Radio Silence…