Wattage Freezes

(D Weinbeck ) #1

I have a cycleops Hammer, sometimes while riding on Zwift the Wattage and resistance will stay the same, it will show the frozen watts even when I stop peddling. Today it was stuck on 186. The only way to fix it is to unplug my trainer and pair it with Zwift. Has anyone else had this happen? It is frustrating, especially in a race.

(Chris Nackers) #2

my Hammer got stuck this morning, wouldn’t change resistance, had to unplug it and then plug it back in and once it’s repaired then it was working.

(Sean S.) #3

Sometimes, during workouts specifically, wattage will get stuck and you will stay at a steady wattage until you do something to fix it. We have a workaround that involves unpairing and repairing your trainer as follows:

1. Stop moving.
  2. The menu button will show up in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Click it.
  3. Click the pairing button on the right-side of the menu.
  4. Unpair your trainer from both the Power and Controllable Trainer categories.
  5. Search for your trainer under both those categories again and pair them.

We also have an article on our knowledge base with more details here: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/wattage-gets-stuck-in-workout-mode-HJmXC1Wr7

If you continually have this issue, please open up a support conversation as we are still actively investigating this bug.

(Nigel Doyle) #4

Same. Hammer trainer. Happens occasionally. Seems to be an intermittent problem with the Hammer.