Wattage Freezes

ANT+ is what made my Cyclops Hammer 2 stable 2 years ago. It was getting stuck on wattage or dropping. I use a 6 foot USB cable with the ANT+ dongle right next to the trainer. I zip tied the USB cable along the frame and the rear stay. SOlved 99% of the problem.

Cool, thanks. When I had my old power pedals (powertap P1) that was my method, ANT+ extension under the trainer. One reason I upgraded to the Faveros was to get off ANT+ (not for the trainer, for the pedals), so I will give this a try.

I have the same PRoblem with my ELITE Direto X. It started very recently after working well for almost a year. I was using Blutooth during all the time. Power gets stuck no regards to the mode I am riding in (Training with ERG, Groupride, Racing).
Does one have a Permanent Fix for this issue? Especially in Grouprides and Races its hard to have fun since you will get droped :frowning: and struggle to come back after reconnencting the trainer.

3 Likes

Hi I had the same issue today on my Kickr. I was riding the TDZ stage 6 Group ride and I noticed after 5km that my watts were stuck on 107w. I stopped peddling and my avatar kept on going at 107w for a good few minutes. I had to quit the ride. I got back into the ride again but it moved me up so it now recorded I rode only 16km of the route. Very aggravating. What do I need to do to stop this happening.

Secondly I have found the Zwift companion app is not kicking in when I do an activity. It was working fine. What needs to be done to fix this also.

I have that same issue since last week on my kickr. I expirienced that 3 times since last thursday, never had that before. It happend with ant+ and bluthooth, on a windows pc. Itā€˜s only the watts that get stuck. Only way to get it working again is to leave the game and restart

[quote=ā€œJeff_Ronne, post:21, topic:14261, full:trueā€]
ANT+ is what made my Cyclops Hammer 2 stable 2 years ago. It was getting stuck on wattage or dropping. I use a 6 foot USB cable with the ANT+ dongle right next to the trainer. I zip-tied the USB cable along the frame and the rear stay. Solved 95% of the problem. Bluetooth was unreliable. ANT+ is far better but not perfect.

Iā€™ve had this same issue now for last 3 weeks with kickr. Not every ride. Really frustrating. Worked fine without this issue for last 3years!

Dito issue frozen wattage on group event on the last 5km -Kickr trainer.
Had to abandon riding with the group.

Has a fix been identified? This thread is from 2018 and Iā€™m having this same issue in 2021ā€¦

Iā€™ve been having the same issue recently and wondered if it was an issue with my Kickr Core but it looks possible it isnā€™t. If Iā€™d thought on I could have opened the Wahoo app to see if power came up the same or showing correctly but didnā€™t think at the time.

Had been pairing with ANT+ - my dongle is attached via USB lead right next to the trainer, then switched to Bluetooth which had been working well until this evening when after almost an hour of riding my power froze at 207W. Stopping pedalling didnā€™t help, had to switch back to ANT+ then it started working.

Would be helpful to know if anyone has had a proper fix to prevent this happening?

Maybe related Iā€™ve had one or 2 instances where my heart rate has frozen - doesnā€™t happen at same time as the power/cadence issue. Set my screen to show the graph now so itā€™s immediately obvious if either reading freezes.

Contacting Zwift chat not helped as of yet, their ā€˜few minutes to respondā€™ is taking over half an hour so far :confused: