Wanted feature: ANT+ support

One more for Ant+ support on android. All other platforms run Ant+ so i can’t understand why Zwift won’t do it.

1 Like

New to Zwift as of yesterday. Why isn’t Ant+ on the Android app supported?? Having to buy a dongle to connect to my PC along with probably a longer cable to improve the range is ridiculous… especially since I’m using a Garmin watch HR monitor that will be within about 12" of my phone during use.

+1 for the native Ant+ support on the Zwift Android app.

1 Like

Another for Android ANT+ support. Been on the beta since December hoping for something to come through. Would be nice to see this added for the coming winter months, but not keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Adding ant+ would make my life with Zwift so much easier. And please make the android app castable on Chromecast! Come on; it can’t be that hard.

1 Like

That won’t happen with the current chromecast the chromecast can’t render graphics, the best you can do is screen mirror.

2 Likes

Thanks Gerrie. But darn it.

1 Like

+++++++ please please please

Yes please add ANT+ support. It’s such a hazzle having to change equipment based on that you’re riding zwift or something else…

1 Like

Enough already, just get it done. It’s not rocket science. Look, ANT+ is not going anywhere and tons of your customers have these sensors. I have your foot pod for the run side of things, but why on earth do I need to get my ANT+ stuff (hrm, speed/cadence or power) through a bridge to get it to your app? Yup, you know it. No reason other than it’s not on your radar.

I’m not subscribing for the cycling side until you get this fixed. Then I’ll gladly pay. Hopefully enough post below me so you realize what getting this done could bring to you. Don’t forget that for every (prospective) customer speaking up, ten are not.

3 Likes

Still… waiting… for ANT+… support… on… android…
I installed expecting it to work but found that it didnt… i already uninstalled from phone because of this missing feature… :cry:

Just bought my first trainer from Tacx only to discover that Zwift Companion App doesn’t support ANT+, a feature so many people anticipate.
Tacx trainer mobile app does support it though, as do plenty of other applications (Wahoo, Strava etc).
Now I have to connect my ANT+ HR strap to my Garmin watch and force the watch to broadcast the HR data in BLE!
I’m sure the coders from Tacx/Wahoo/Strava would freelance for a few $$$ and help you implement the fature (if you ask them nicely :slight_smile:) .

I don’t understand, why do you need ANT+ to the companion app?

1 Like

As an example - Trainerroad has ANT+ support for Android devices. My Samsung device has ANT+ built in and when I use Trainerroad, my old-school ANT+ devices connect with no problems. I would imagine if they can do it, Zwift should be able to bake in this feature as well… even if we’re only a small-ish segment of the user market.

Does anyone know if this has been confirmed by someone in the Zwift dev team that its even something they are considering doing?

On some development backlog somewhere?

Bueller? Bueller?

I have Garmin HRM-Tri HR monitor, which only broadcasts in ANT+.
So, without buying an ANT+ dongle there is no way for me to pair the monitor with Zwift.
Everything else (Trainer, Cadence) pairs with the companion app via Bluetooth.

+1000000 zwift, stop being annoying

I had been trying to get my garmin (Ant+) to connect to my Note 9. Even with a dongle it does not work. I can see here it is not supported. So, no Zwift for now. Was hoping to use it for the most boring treadmill running with the SlowTwitch winter challenge. Maybe next year.

same here, garmin watch, pairs in ANT
hr strap . ANT.
speed cadence : ant.

it’s kind of a bummer to carry two devices around and a phone is a VERY convenient training aid in hotels and whatever.

I have faith in ye

1 Like

+1
For ANT+ with Android devices.
Most bikers and runners have Garmin watch, HR strap, speed and cadence sensor pairing ANT+.
PC is history, almost everyone has Android device with built in ANT+
I hope this funcion will be added soon. Till that need to use other :frowning:

1 Like

Still no ANT+ on Android?