Wanted feature: ANT+ support

Wonderfull app. Please add ant+
Any news ln that ?

1 Like

I would love ant support feature in Android Beta App.

2 Likes

please support ANT+

2 Likes

Another +1 for ANT+ support.

Anyone with any of the Garmin products, cannot use their current sensors be it Cadence, Speed or Chest Strap ). What is the point of releasing Zwift for Android and having no ANT+ connectivity?

3 Likes

Because ANT+ on Android is a bit of a pain in the butt to get 100% working. It is not as if they had a meeting and said let’s disable ANT+ on android so that we can make the users suffer. Trust me if Jon could get it working today it would be in Zwift tomorrow.

Ps. It was about 3+ years ago zwift was still in beta and there was a bunch of users with Elite USB smart trainers. we asked Jon if he could make it work. Zwift found an USB Elite trainer and Jon got it working.

Look at the date stamp!!! This is dedication!

Guess when I did my first Zwift Ride - Jan’16

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Most folks will have been dedicated Android or iPhone users. Personally, I’ve always had Android since about 2005.

Looking at what was then available at the time in regards to cycling computers, the largest market was Garmin devices, before the Wahoo bolt, element days. Garmin purely ran ANT+ so for those of us with Garmin Edge based computers and Fenix watches that came with sensors, ANT+ is the only option without paying out more money for Wahoo BLE sensors or the newer dual protocol Garmin sensors.

Hence the, what is the point?

It’s great to see you over on the Android platform, but it is effectively unusable if we can’t connect our existing sensors.

Trainerroad runs ANT+ easily.
As does Rouvey
As does Kinnomap
As does VirtuGo
As does the Wahoo training app and Wahoo is mostly BLE.

1 Like

The Point is a lot of people have BlueTooth devices so at least they can use the android app.

I agree it will be nice to have ANT+ in android, I prefer to use ANT+ (I use ANT+ on a Windows PC).
I think ANT+ is superior to BlueTooth and Wired connection is superior to both.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for but I will put it out there.
Have you looked at this option CABLEINFO - CABLE - Connect ANT+ to BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)

2 Likes

You could use CABLE to bridge the ANT+ to BLE.

Another option is Viiiiva HRM

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. That Ant to Bluetooth cable is £60 GBP. ($75).
Garmin 2 cadence, speed sensors are £59
Garmin 2 chest strap is £59

None of these suggestions are viable as its costing more money on top of the subscription fee for Zwift.

Looks like I’ll be waiting until ANT+ is implemented or simply uninstalling until this can be addressed.

The Garmin sensors I currently have are all working and in good condition. Apart from they are ANT+ and not compatible with Zwift for Android.

…And CABLE is only compatible with iOS.

Please! We need native ANT+ support on Android. Will be an amazing feature. It makes non sense expends a lots of effords to adapt zwift to android without this feature, considering that higher percentage of sensors are ANT+… and gues what, highe level android devices has ANT+!

2 Likes

That is not entirely true. The setup App is iOS only, but you can use it with Android if you borrow someone else’s iOS device for the initial setup.

1 Like

I have been trying to use this app through my Note 8 but my Cat Eye Isc-11 only can be connected through Ant+. Can you please add in the Ant+ feature? Cos I don’t to replace my working well Cat Eye Isc-11. I would really love to use this app and lose lots of weight! Trying to use this game to be my motivation to lose weight. Grant my wish please…

2 Likes

Whats the ETA? Its half of 2019 already.

Btw BKOOL has ANT+ support on Android. It works flawless.

1 Like

Just another complain about ant+ for Android. It’s ridiculous already.

1 Like

Another of the hundreds of users requesting for ANT+ compatibility… Please implement it asap… will surely bring you more riders to Zwift as many use android and are discouraged just because they cannot use their sensors with the app while the other apps can…

Again just another request to add ANT+ Support for the Zwift Android app. Much needed basic functionality. Thanks

1 Like

Mee too we want Ant+

1 Like

+1 for ANT+ on Android

1 Like

A feature so obvious it hurts. It would be helpful if Zwift said something, anything about this, as people will be wasting their time all over the world trying to get this to work.

1 Like