Wahoo speed sensor on spin bike?

Hi all,

I’m currently using Zwift on a spin bike with wahoo speed and cadence sensors. Every time I sprint, my power bottoms out :tired_face: but when I slow down again it picks back up within a few seconds. It happens on my phone, tablet and laptop.

Is there a better way to Zwift on a spin bike? I’ve heard a little bit about power sensor pedals?

I love Zwift, I ride 6 days a week, but I need something more reliable than my wahoo sensors. Any advice?

Hi @Emily_Bloomquist

Welcome to the forum.

Yes a better way is to attach a power sensor to the bike. The easiest option is power pedals.

I installed a power meter crank to my wife’s spin bike and she loves it. But that take a lot of modification and skill.

Thank you! Is there anything specific I should look for in power pedals? Any preferred brands?

Hi Emily, firstly it sounds like maybe your speed sensor is not mounted optimally on your spin bike so I would check that. As close to the hub as possible.

Second an Assioma UNO pedal would be a good option.

FAVERO Assioma UNO Side Pedal Based Power Meter Amazon.com

Thanks, good to know! Yup, it’s definitely mounted wrong. I assumed it should be as close to the edge as possible. Whoops :joy:

I highly recommend power meter pedals. According to Wahoo, speed sensors aren’t really compatible with spin bikes. See article below: