Wahoo Kickr Core Not Reading Power

(Jaime Salas) #1

So here is my scenario. Bought a Wahoo Kickr Core and set it all up and was able to get it connect to my Android phone (Pixel 2) as well as able to do a spinup and use it on Zwift for a brief moment. Though, I wasn’t able to update the firmware from my Android phone. So, it was late decided I would wait til tomorrow (Now today) and tinker with the firmware update and maybe get in a quick training ride.

Fast forward to this evening where I got home decided I was going to jump on the Wahoo Kickr Core and get in my training ride before messing with the firmware update. So I fired up Zwift on my Apple TV and it found my Wahoo Kickr Core immediately. Started pedaling and notice that Zwift wasn’t showing any power reading from the Kickr Core. Decided turn off Zwift and fire up the Wahoo Fitness app and see if it was just with Zwift that couldn’t read the power. Well, that couldn’t read it either, so I started to look up if there was any troubleshooting videos or info on the web about my situation.

I was only able to find one YouTube video from a guy who was having almost a similar problem. He upgraded the firmware and everything was good. So I had to grab my sons ONLY iPhone in our household and updated the firmware. Well after doing that I still get no power reading from the Wahoo Kickr Core, is it faulty or am I missing something. Any help would be much appreciated, I will be calling Wahoo tomorrow and see what they say.

(Chris Lenthall ) #2

Try deleting the app and reinstalling to see if that makes any difference

(Vincent W.) #3

Hey @Jaime_Salas any updates? Were you still not seeing power readings from the Wahoo app? Or just Zwift? Reinstalling Zwift may help as well.

(Jeffrey Roe) #4

I have the same exact scenario. Tried everything – multiple computers, multiple iphones shutting down everything in the house that could possibly interfere, re installed software -did the firmware update – everything pairs (ANT+ and Bluetooth – still nothing - stuck on the side of the road,
both zwift app and wahoo fitness app not getting poweror speed signal . Put in a help request at Wahoo – very slow to get back and when they do I get one email response and I immediately reply and have to wail a few days for them to get back to me. Thing is my 30 day return window is closing . I am hoping they take it back, send a new one and pay for the shipping - Will update with their response.

(Jeffrey Roe) #5

Got exactly one ride in with the new kickr before everything went sideways

(Jeffrey Roe) #6

They came thru and will be replacing the item at no cost to me. So far so good.

(Jaime Salas) #7

Sorry guys, forgot to update this forum… so yes spoke with customer service, and explained my issue. They stated that they have had some faulty power boards go out before. So they ship you out a new one and you send back the bad one. Nice part about it, they new one came in less than a week. Good customer service, Jo hassle from them, just replaced it after a few tests.

The other nice thing is, when they send you out a new one. They test it, to make sure everything is working before they send it out to you. Though you think that would be done I the QA department. But all has been good since my new one came.