Wahoo kicker and Campagnolo

Wahoo kickr and Campagnolo compatibly
Hi, I have the new wahoo kicker and my bike runs Campagnolo 10 speed…does anybody know where i can purchase the right hub replacement to suit Campagnolo. I have tried Wahoo and many online bike stores with no luck!!!

This thing?

Hi,I use Campag Super Record 11 speed on the Shimano cassette that comes with the Kickr18.Works really well.Just a bit noisy in the middle cogs but changes smoothly.Try it and see if you like it before buying the Campag free hub.

If the latest kickr doesn’t support changing the freehub, you could try use a 10 speed Shimano cassette. It is not perfect, a bit more noisy, but especially if you are doing more workouts than races and can limit which gears you use it is OK. I did it for quite a while, with a Cycle ops H2, before I got a new bike with 11 speed.
You could then also try using spacers from the campagnolo cassette, to try and get the shifting better

There are also 10sp cassettes with Campagnolo spacing for the Shimano freehub spline from Ambrosio and possibly others, but finding one seems to be a bit difficult. Using spacers from another cassette only works if the cogs are the exact same thickness, which to me seems rather unlikely.

For 11sp the differences in spacing are negligible, I’m using a cassette from Miche on my trainer with the stock freehub with my Campa drivetrain.

1 Like

I am in same situation. contacted wahoo support some weeks ago the campa body will be available in june thety told me
I am using a shimano 10 speed cassette at the moment not perfect, but kind of works with some adjustments.

I’m hoping you’re willing to follow up on this because I’m facing this issue now.

Can you link the exact shimano 10 speed cassette you’re using, and are you able to use it without adjusting shift limits or indexing?

I have the exact same situation as you. I specifically want to be able to swap my bike to outdoor use without having to re-index etc. If you’re able to get a shimano 10 speed cassette to work then that would be perfect for me and I don’t care about noise. I just want to make sure I get the same one that works and that I won’t have to mess with calibration everytime I go for an outdoor ride.

I ran Campag record with the stock shimano/sram kickr freehub body until my Campag freehub body came. I swapped the freehub bodies over and believe it or not I had more issues running record with a centaur cassette on the kickr than I did with the stock freehub body using an ultegra cassette. I sent the campag freehub body back and got a refund. I never had alignment issues when then taking the bike out on the road with the campag wheels. I guess that the only real issue was that the chain wore to suit the kickr cassette, rather than my wheels. Too much time on zwift, and not much in the real world haha

I just want to make sure I understand so I order the right parts. If I’m reading what you said right, you ran a stock campy 10 speed cassette with 8 arms (not 4), and you were able to put that on the kickr shimano/sram freehub body?

I ask because kickr says the stock 10 speeds with 8 arms isn’t supported but if it works with the sram freehub then that would be my ticket so I want to be certain I understand.

If I do understand, I think you’re saying these two products should work fine together (stupid zwift doesn’t allow links so I can’t link the exact product):
Campagnolo 10 speed record or veloce cassets
Wahoo shimano freehub for '18, '20 kickr

Also, you’re running a kickr '18 or kickr '20 right, not the 2014 or 2016 versions? I am being really explicit because apparently those do support campy but they say the '18 and '20 don’t.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it and this is really helping me!

Hi Chris,

‘I just want to make sure I understand so I order the right parts. If I’m reading what you said right, you ran a stock campy 10 speed cassette with 8 arms (not 4), and you were able to put that on the kickr shimano/sram freehub body?’

NO. When I first brought my kickr, I was so naive and excited that I didn’t do any research on it at all, to the extent that I didn’t even realise what freehub body it came with - yeah embarrassing I know. At that time all my bikes ran a Campag drivetrain, so I had a cassette (ultegra) that was originally brought for my sons race bike, and ran that with my Colnago C60 on the kickr. It worked a treat to be honest.

In the meantime I ordered a campag compatible freehub from wahoo.

When this came I fitted it to my kickr (2017) and ran a centaur cassette on it - the result was worse than running a campag bike on my kick with a shimano cassette ! yeah I know - strange ?

I removed the campag freehub body, sold it on ebay, and refitted the original stock freehub body, and the experience has been great ever since.

N.B.

Last year I built a permanent zwifing bike - stripped right down, no brakes etc and I brought another campag freehub body from wahoo. It didn’t fit, competely different size diameter where the pawls sit. I contacted wahoo to ask the question ? The original campag freehub body is now obsolete and the newer one doesn’t fit the older models (pre 2020 I think?) So I still run the stock freehub and shimano cassette.

Happy days :slight_smile:

After spending hours in the last few days looking for a good solution I would like to share my solution here.

I have an old Campagnolo Record 10s derailleur group on my old Colnago C40, which I now wanted to install on the Wahoo Kickr V6.

There are unfortunately no longer many 10s cassettes from Campagnolo. And most of them have 8 inner arms. Besides the original Record cassette, Veloce and Miche Primato also have 8 inner arms.

**The only cassette I have found is the **
CENTAUR 10s 12-30 (or also 12-27). I have the 12-30 installed.

The largest sprocket 30 goes extremely tight still with the rear derailleur but runs fine.

I had to adjust the stops below and above still a little, but now runs very smoothly and switches quickly and cleanly through.

I hope that others do not need the same many hours to find a solution.

What I will also try: I ordered a Jtek Shiftmate 1 and will try this on a Shimano 10s cassette. Apparently this should work great with the translated shift distances. I’ll let you know when the part has arrived from England.

Hey Guys,

Firstly thanks for getting me this far.

I have purchased a campy free from the wahoo site along with a new centaur 10 speed cassette. For some reason I am having no lucking get the sprockets on. Any ideas? I ended up going for a 13-29t could that be the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it stands Im kickr less. As I have an old veloce 10 speed on my bike and following your above recommendations I dont think that fits?

It should fit. Can you share photos of the cassette and the freehub body?

It looks like the Wahoo freehub requires a cassette with 4 inner arms as shown in this picture. I guess it’s possible you have the wrong cassette type. Some of the all-steel cassettes won’t work on this.

camp_arms

1 Like

my Centaur has 4 inner Arms so it fits. I have bought it from my bike shop, which had this old cassette by chance still in stock.
Send a foto from the centaur 29 (only the largest 3 sometimes have 8 inner arms) and we will see.

1 Like

not the nicest solution but if nothing else works:
take any cassette that fits on the Wahoo and set the trainer difficulty level to 0. Then you no longer have to shift (or only 2-3 gears) and you manage then also with another cassette.

last but not least: simply annoying that Wahoo does not manage to deliver a decent adapter. :roll_eyes:

So I have just checked and all the sprockets are 4 barring 2. The 2 top left (excuse the picture)

The plot thickens.

The annoying thing is I can find other cassettes but none list how many arms. I am a newbie to bike builds but seems so backwards

That cassette looks like it should fit. The largest cogs have a carrier with 4 splines. You should probably check with a bike shop if you can’t figure it out.

The 21 and 23 sprockets have 8 inner arms. Conclusion: not all Centaur work. Sorry!

1 Like

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know. If you ever want to put a Campy 10 speed on Wahoo you will need a Centaur 10 speed - 12 - 27T, i do think you can use a 12-30T as well.

Thanks again everyone for your help, also hope this helps others!

1 Like

Centaur 12-27 cassette WORKS with the Wahoo Kickr Core Campi free hub body. I tried 2 other Campi cassettes (Veloce 12-25, Centaur 12-25) first. The Veloce sprockets are all 8-arm. They do not work. The Centaur 12-25 was mostly 4-arm, but 1 sprocket was 8-arm (21?) so no go. Reading the above comment helped me to try the Centaur 12-27 and IT WORKS! Just installed it successfully last night. Thank you Marco!