Volcano circuit lap counter and achievements not working

Second perfect example in less than 10 minutes of why having Watopia Wayfinders as pseudo administrators is not an acceptable experience on the Zwift Forums.

Was it a joke, who knows? who cares? It’s not Zwift talking. It’s just a bunch of people asking for a solution to a simple problem and another bunch of people who aren’t Zwift responding.

Sorry I made you mad, if you can see from one of my earlier post I have tried to help with this issue.

When I post on the forums I post for myself, not as a representative of Zwift, yes I have limited admin rights but not as much as you think.

Since Vincent left the forums really don’t much Zwift Staff interaction and is causing some issues.

But @Gerrie_Delport might be somewhat correct, it may take a Zwifter to go for the achievement to find out if the issue has been resolved, since Zwift gives us so little info in what the updates add/fix/break.

BTW, I know @Gerrie_Delport was joking.

Paul, Gerrie and Daren, you are the best. You have helped a lot of people through Zwift issues and you didn’t make me mad.

I just think its time things change and Zwift employees take more of an interest in this paid platform. Not a hard thing to do one would think, but this thread does provide a great example of where Zwift has failed in this regard.

2 Likes

I agree 100% and I am sure the other guys do as well. We have asked more more detailed release notes, either the day of the update or a day before. I am not just talking about the 1000ft overview that they post on social media and other outlets, I mean detailed notes so we can better help out the community.

We get very little interaction from Zwift Staff and we are the user admins.

1 Like

Meh. I’ve been on the forums long enough to know Gerrie is not being serious. I assume he’s seen me around enough to know I wouldn’t take his response seriously. This is an example of how Zwift is made better by the community that supports it.

Edit to add: Gerrie is right in that it will take someone trying it out and reporting back on how it goes. But I doubt anyone wants to do 25 laps as a test. In hoping someone is able to do 5 laps for confirmation. Having said that, if i’m able to get the tron bike before we’re have confirmation, i might give the 25 laps a go. Although it would be great for Zwift to confirm a fix for every platform they support, I’ve learned not to expect it.

perhaps i am not the best at determining when a tree falls in the forest if it makes a sound, or what any individuals intent may be with a sarcastic comment, (sorry Gerrie no mal intent, i like you) but again here we have a simple issue that could potentially make someone crazy if they did 25 laps looking towards a badge and did not receive it upon completion.

Another example of why up front communication from Zwift of known issues is important on these forums.

Agreed.

Additional text added to meet minimum requirements.

Wow guys.

I was just joking, you all know that.
25 laps of the volcano is a crazy test.

We just don’t have the info to help on this issue, so I thought some comic relief will help.

1 Like

I can confirm the issue has still not been resolved

6 Likes

Thanks for taking one for the team, @Blane_O_Donnell

5 Likes

Can I join the disappointed Volcano lappers club please? I did 26-laps this morning and didn’t receive my little virtual “On Fire” badge…the lap counter however did work.

2 Likes

I also did this deal … I was like umm… Ok I just did 100miles on this thing where is my badge for the other laps with it… I did this course because I knew I could hammer all those at once :expressionless:. Seriously not cool… I did this just last Saturday …

Good to see I not the only one going what the hell

I more than covered the circuit … No achievement I was thinking because I got all the other distance ones in this and they said yeah we gave you distance but not the big blow… Come On!

4 Likes

I am curious if people are all on same version…

I am running on PC and I notice some of the intersections don’t say volcano circuit … Also the route just says Volcano…

I am curious if it is broken because they messed up the names on the course somehow… The counter still worked for me I did five laps … No achievement for 5 laps :smirk:… I really hope they fix it and also offer up more badges

I’m running on a Macbook pro. Pretty frustrating that this issue has went on for so long without a fix.

Surely it cant be that difficult to patch

1 Like

Still not working on windows, did 26 laps today around that boring circuit for nothing. Strike one Zwift.

4 Likes

Did the vulcano Challenge. Same here, did 25 Laps. Counter worked but no reward for the laps but for the 100km.

@zwift: when is this solved? I donot want to do ist again. Please give me the awards.

3 Likes

Just did 26 laps, no reward. Can I receive it afterward? Since 26 laps volcano circuit is mind boggling boring… :wink:

3 Likes

The issue persists. Zwift Support advised they were aware, there is no current fix and the badge can not be retrospectively applied. This is pretty poor customer service that we are not made aware of known bugs before busting a butt for no good reason.

5 Likes

Aware or not that is seriously lame sauce … About as silly as us selecting a route to ride and not having progress bars on each one… I mean come on I like easily determining if I am improving on a specific route …cough greatest London Loop

4 Likes

Just checking,

are these forums monitored by zwift or are they managed by users?

Should we be emailing zwift support as opposed to wasting our time nagging in online forums… nothing seems to be getting done.

1 Like