Very Lonely Island

Can someone help me out? I know Zwift staff is probably swamped with requests, but I thought I throw this request for help to the other beta users.

Whenever I start zwift beta I’m asked to either ride alone or join someone else. No mater what I choose, I’m always alone on the island. Plus, I don’t see any riders list on the right side of the app screen, none, nada.

Here are the zwift data files info…

profile:
res 1280x720(4x)
sres 1024x1024
aniso 4
set g_timeScalar=0.0000001
time 4:30pm

ultra:
res 1920x1080(0x)
sres 2048x2048
aniso 8
set gSSAO=1
set gFXAA=1

basic:
res 1024x576(0x)
sres 512x512
aniso 2
set gSSAO=0
set gFXAA=1
set gSunRays=0
set gHeadlight=0
set nAIBikes=25
set gFoliagePercent=0.5
set gSimpleReflections=1
set gLODBias=2

current config:
res 1280x720(16x)
time 14:30
aniso 4
sres 1024
set nAIBikes=24
//set bDrawTrees=0
//set bloomStrength=0.55

high:
res 1280x720(0x)
sres 1024x1024
aniso 4
set gSSAO=1
set gFXAA=1

medium:
res 1280x720(0x)
sres 512x512
aniso 2
set gSSAO=0
set gFXAA=1
set gSunRays=0
set gHeadlight=0
set gFoliagePercent=0.5
set gSimpleReflections=1
set gLODBias=1

You probably don’t need all that info, but wasn’t sure what to include so I listed everything I could think of.

I have read that this is probably a firewall issue. So I’ve made sure that Zwift is allowed to communicate through the Windows 7 Firewall.

Here is my system info:
Hewlett-Packard HPE-560Z
Processor: AMD PHenom™ II, X6 1045T processor, 2.7 GHz
64-bit operating system

Under Windows Firewall with Adv Security settings:
There are 4 inbound and 4 outbound rules
2 are private and 2 domain

Can anyone tell what settings I should have for both the inbound and outbound rules that will allow me to see the riders list?

TJ Brinson
tjbrinson@yahoo.com

I don’t know how to fix this issue, but you can click submit a request at the top of the page to report a bug directly to the Zwift staff. This section is for community help, although staff members do monitor this, and other users might be able to help you out as well.

Thanks Kyle. I did submit a request, but I know they are really backed up right now with submissions. I just thought some of the more computer/firewall savy beta users might be able to answer the question. I figure it doesn’t hurt to ask while waiting for a reply from my submission.

Are you using the most current update? I know there are still some that haven’t upgraded (you see the riders riding in reverse. Just a thought.

How do I know if I have the most up-to-date version? I just downloaded less then a month ago, so I assume it’s the most up-to-date, but would like to make sure.

LOL. It’s your Zwift cycling purgatory. You are destined to ride alone on this 5K island course until the end of time!!!

I have the same problem with MAC OS using an SRM  - Did you find out a solution?

Hi Dave,

Yes, I figured out what to do to see the other riders, and rider list.  I had to go to my modem gateway and select ‘low security’ option for firewall settings.  For me, there were two firewall settings that i had to adjust, the modem gateway, and the windows operating system.  Both were set to low security.  That was all.  Hopefully, that will help you as well.

Thanks. I had the same issue, and just adjusted the settings on my Netgear cable modem to “low” firewall features. I didn’t need to touch the Windows firewall.

I had to turn off my VPN, afterwards the other riders were there!