Using Zwift with cross hybrid

Hi there,

I’m new at Zwift and i’m loving it so far. I have a Wahoo Kickr Snap and I use it in combination with a Cross hybrid (CUBE PRODUKT ARCHIV | 2018).

The question is; I’m I missing out on anything by using this bike instead of a race bike? It fits perfectly and cycling is smooth. But I don’t have any comparison.

Regards
Robbert

Watts are watts as far as Zwift is concerned. Zwift doesn’t care how the watts are generated. Having said that, the best watts are the ones generated without discomfort and which help you achieve your goals. If you’re comfortable on your hybrid and you can hit the watts you want to without discomfort, and you’re not trying to simulate a racing experience for training purposes, then you are good to go.

Thanks for your reply!
So it’s more comfortabel to make more watts on a race bike then on a hybrid?
I’m definitely eager to cycle on the highest level within my reach.

Not necessarily. I meant to say that since you’re having a good experience with the bike you’re using, there’s no need to change anything.

1 Like

If the bike fits well, is comfortable, and smooth on a trainer, that’s really all you can ask for. This is especially true if that is the bike you’ll ride outside when it’s warmer and you get a chance to show other riders your gains from a Winter on Zwift! I’ve used a road bike, a spin bike, and even a mountain bike on Zwift, all have their merits. I don’t think it matters, and you aren’t missing out on anything.

Thanks for your replies! I’m reassured now :wink:

Sorry to resurrect this post - I just found it. I have a hybrid but find it very uncomfortable - I’m not a born cyclist and a total noob- do you have any tips on how to improve without throwing masses of money at it?