Updates problems Huawei smartphones

Hello
The last update of Zwift companion DOES NOT work in Huawei smartphones because you link directly to PlayStore and IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. And the latest version in Huawei App Store is OLD. It has bee 3 days without seeing events and nothing at all. Hope you realize that your clients are not mostly americans and tjat we have these kind of phones and do not give a s**t about the commercial wars between USA and China because we pay the fee and want service. Hope you will fix this because i will drop out Zwift in a ciuple of days if it does not. Thank you very much.

I doubt Zwift have deliberately made the app not work owing to poor trade relations.

Perhaps you could submit a ticket.

Manners are free also.

Hello
Nobody is saying that. Linking updates directly to PlayStore that runs like s**t in Huawei and do not seeding other platforms (and other platforms are lazy too) with the latest version of the updates is condemning and upsetting many users around the world. Is not directly, is the game but we pay same.

I have been 3 day trying to fix this mess and still can not see events in my smartphone to join them and schedule my time. And that is the main reason to be in Zwift for me. And is not working anymore. And do not see a solution only boots…

Huawei is under ban from the U.S. government. Neither Zwift nor Google can override U.S. policies and government regulations, regardless of what customers in the rest of the world think.

On Sunday, May 19, 2019, Google publicly declared that it would be complying with Trump’s Huawei ban. Interpreting the language of the order, Google determined that the proper course of action would be to cut Huawei off from Google’s suite of digital products.

This means that Huawei no longer would have access to the very fundamentals of Android smartphones. Gmail, YouTube, Google Drive, and even the Google Play Stor] itself were now no longer available for Huawei to use on new products.

This ban remains in force as of today.

You of course can open a ticket and politely ask if there is a known workaround to not use Google Apps store and yet install an update. I recommend you do not use the language which you used in your post when you open the ticket.

1 Like

Hello

Instead recommend me how to talk or give me polite lessons (nobody asked for them) or reminded me the reality (that i already know) you could give US solutions. I will wait until this week to see if you clean this mess or i will stop paying the fee. And of course you can obviate to send me your polls because i will never recommend this site to anybody again. Thank you very much for your advices and for another day without Zwift.

Hello

Instead recommend me how to talk or give me polite lessons (nobody asked for them) or reminded me the reality (that i already know) you could give US solutions. I will wait until this week to see if you clean this mess or i will stop paying the fee. And of course you can obviate to send me your polls because i will never recommend this site to anybody again. Thank you very much.

Feel free to leave.

With your appalling attitude you are no loss to this forum or to the Zwift community.

Hello
I will do it, thanks. But please do not believe your own marketing fairy tales: this is not a community, this is a service business and whatever your customers want to do with it. I am not interested in your “community” just riding. Anyway you are failing to many customers already.

See you on the road where the cycling truly belongs. Thank you very much.

JR, in this forum, you do not talk to Zwift employees (as you perhaps mistakenly think - those make very rare appearances here), you talk to Zwift users who come here to help other Zwifters, especially those with less experience. We, as a community, are able to resolve probably over 90% of issues because many of us already know the solution or can make a good guess what to check or change. I honestly doubt that such attitude as you show has a place in this forum. I equally doubt that anyone who works for Zwift, if they ever read this, would be eager to help you as you are not asking for help. You are demanding that a billion dollar company backs over backwards and lobbies U.S. government to save your $15 per month.

1 Like

I think his gone. :wave:

Let’s relax a bit and not call people names. They are just trying to help.

Closing this thread for a bit.

This topic was automatically opened after 17 hours.