Upcoming Changes to Supported GPUs [March 2022]

Using intel r hd graphics is this going to still work cheers

No idea, sorry. You need to find out the model number youā€™re using. Easiest way is to hit Start, then type dxdiag and press enter. Navigate to the Display tab and itā€™ll tell you at the top left.

i mean you guys are doing a great job of removing old hardware, but how about better support for new hardware? still waiting for visual updates for the M1 iPadsā€¦

4 Likes

As far as I know thatā€™s even lower than 2xxx which they are killing off here. You must be getting about 5fps.

All i no about it is that it works great with the odd glitch but been steady for a good while :pensive:

Ah man, once you upgrade youā€™ll realise how terrible it is. Youā€™re paying for this game.

1 Like

Lol cheers no option going to have to get something then thanks for your help as always

It might actually continue to work, it depends how they do the blocking. But yeah, I think itā€™s probably time you upgraded anyway. :wink:

Can anything be done with this its a great hd screen plenty of memory but the graphics card is going to be no good

You canā€™t upgrade that no, sorry. And thereā€™s the confirmation that itā€™s a 2nd gen CPU btw.

1 Like

Ok its doomed then what about apple tv box any good

Hi @Dave_ZPCMR,
This is slightly off topic here, I know, but I donā€™t use Facebook and I reckon your answer might be of interest to others reading this thread.

You wrote that very good article that appeared in Zwift Insider in March 2020, in which you listed the components that could provide the ultimate PC experience with the minimum of investment and wasted resources.
Iā€™ve recently gone from using an iPad for Zwift to an Apple TV with a large screen, and am now, rather inevitably, interested in building up a dedicated PC that would give the best possible graphics in Zwift without breaking the bank. Iā€™d also like to be reasonably sure that it wonā€™t need to be upgraded drastically too soon in the future. Iā€™m in no great hurry, as the Apple TV works perfectly well right now.

Iā€™m aware that there are major chip shortages everywhere and that GPUs in particular are being sold at eye-watering prices. In your opinion, is this just a bad time to start such a project? Are prices of components likely to come down significantly in the coming year?
Iā€™m guessing that you donā€™t have a crystal ball, but can you imagine there being changes to Zwift itself in the short-to-medium term that would influence significantly the parts youā€™d use/need? You mentioned that youā€™re in the process of updating the article; Iā€™m looking forward to reading the result.
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this matter.

That article is a bit outdated now, the basics are still the same butā€¦ Keep your eyes peeled. :wink:

3 Likes

Apple TV ā€œ4Kā€ is ok (it is only 1080p basic, not 4k in Zwift, just FYI, so a FullHD TV/monitor is enough, has this Aspire AllinOne HDMI input? if not, You need a TV/monitor instead of this) , both version (the ā€œoldā€ 2017 version and the ā€œnewā€ 2021 version too), pls avoid the the Apple TV HD. that is weak for good Zwifting (and its graphic is worse than the ā€œ4Kā€ versions)

Some of it depends on where you are and what the used parts market is. I went with an off-the shelf desktop build because it was very close in price to what patching a system together would be, and came with current-gen components all-round instead of just putting a newer GPU in an old office desktop.

1 Like

Cheers got one today so see how it goes when if present setup fails

Just use it now, itā€™s vastly better than what you have in terms of frame rate and resolution. Not profile though. :wink:

2 Likes

Getting tv tomorrow banned from living room tv .Was looking at vga to hdmi converter do you think my monitor would work on it its full hdmi and im happy with the quality of graphics even at present .Promise i wont mention the acer again

1 Like

You wonā€™t need a converter for the Apple TV, itā€™s HDMI to HDMI.