Un-earned Jerseys (KOM and Sprint)

Anyone else occasionally earning KOM or Sprint jerseys when they are definitely not fast enough to be earning these? I’ve had this happen on the Everything Bagel loop a couple times, happened yesterday in the Surrey Hills. I got passed by several people pushing ~4W/kg when I was going up at 2.5W/kg, I hit the summit and won the KOM. The faster riders were still ahead of me, so its not like they logged off. I notice that before this happens, the leader board that shows up on the left shows no other times for the segment, so it must be some sort of bug. I’d love to win a jersey, but not because of a bug.

This happens to me sometimes, coupled with the issue of the leaderboard for any segment being blank apart from me sitting 1/1. I don’t know why it happens though…

I think networking glitches can result in your client seeing an empty leaderboard, and then you pick up the jersey. (This happened to me quite frequently when my ISP was CenturyLink. I no longer see it after switching to Comcast.)

1 Like

That’s what I figured, but I am not losing the other riders around me, must be a very specific glitch where I just don’t get the leaderboard data. I don’t much care, I do find it entertaining to get to wear jerseys occasionally that I would never otherwise earn, but I still feel a bit guilty about it… :slight_smile:

If it makes you feel any better, I don’t think anyone else sees you wearing them (unless they’re looking over your shoulder).

2 Likes