Turn ERG on and off from Zwift Companion Mobile App

Hi,

It would be great now with the new workout screen in the companion app that you can turn ERG on or off.   I often like to use this feature but if I forget to bring my wireless keyboard in the room I am too far away to reach my laptop.

Is this possible?

Cheers…

Jill

Hi Jill,

The ERG on/off button is just below the power dial on the left hand side. It will say “INCLINE” when ERG mode is off and this allows to manually adjust the trainer difficulty. Just tap the center of the button to turn erg mode back on.

Ride On,

Jordan 

Zwift Game Design

Hi Jordan,

My sincere apologies it was staring me in the face today and I didn’t even see it!!

Thank you for explaining this to me…

So happy this is now available.

Cheers…

Jill

Hi,

Also it must have said INCLINE when I was doing my workout as I didn’t have ERG on and I likely did not catch on that if I pushed the button it would turn ERG on as INCLINE and ERG are very different.

Thanks again…

Jill

No problem Jill. Happy to help. We tried a few different designs. Agreed that INCLINE doesn’t make it obvious that you can turn Erg mode back on. But then “ERG OFF” didn’t make it obvious you could then control the resistance of the trainer. And INCLINE mode will also turn on automatically if your workout has a free ride block (like during the FTP test) which is why we thought it was so important. And there’s only so many letters that will fit in there! And of course there’s no way to “mouse over” (for a hint) on a phone… 

Thanks for being a Zwifter! And enjoy! We’re pretty excited about this. I’m massively excited just about that one single button…

Ride On,

Jordan

1 Like