Turbo trainer to Zwift

This is what I have used in the past: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WHV3BM/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

exactly what I have!

1 Like

Hi guys.

So its all set up.

Manual turbo trainer (that is on zwifts compat list)
Iphone with app
Garmin speed/power and cadence sensors
North pole ant+/ble bridge

All connect to zwift. However, when pedalling, my character wont move. It recognices my power and cadence… but looks like no speed.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Are you still on the trial and are now beyond the mileage for the iOS device: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/zwift-free-trial-B1WDzRJBX

Ye i still havent rode that 25km… well not a single step… so dont think thats the issue

if the trial isn’t the issue, what else could it be? Something tells me its the speed sensor…

If you see Power numbers then your Avatar should be moving, except if the power number is very low. what is the max power that you see?

Is it showing wattage in the upper left-hand corner when you start to ride?

Do you see wheel speed if you connect the speed sensor to another app (Wahoo for example).

I don’t think it’s a trial issue at this point since your account is showing 0 miles.

This is it i reckon… it shows no wattage in the top left! It shows rpm… but W is zero. On my cable config app it shows the speed. I havent tried wahoo though. First i’ve heard of it

Shane, I have seen something like this before. The sensor goes to sleep.
This is how I fixed it.

go to the paring screen, and un-pair your sensors, then search again for them while pedaling. you should see your cadence (RPM) and Power (W) numbers change while on the paring screen.

If that does not work, you may have to change the type if trainer to a different trainer and then change it back.

How do i unpair?

My speed/power sensor is appearing as power. I am certain its speed…

Its like i need to set it up again but as a speed sensor. Man this is frustrating haha. Appreciate both ur help

You can just click on Unpair.

If you use a speed sensor, you should click on Speed sensor, top right.

Im in the iphone app… it doesnt give me this option…

1 Like

OOPS, I am a windows guy…

What happen if you click on Power source?

It then asks me to basically select a power or speed source.

Which would be great but my speed sensor doesnt show us and i think this is because its connected as a power sensor?

So it does not pickup your speed sensor if you select Speed source.

We need @Paul_Allen to help us out a bit, he is a iphone guru.

1 Like

I just use my iPhone for the ZCA.

I could test this out is I had a Garmin S/C sensor though.

Ok, I was able to test it with nothing connected.

Just tap the Power Source and Cadence box and it will disconnect them and you will go back to the screen where you can choose Power or Speed sensor.

I should purchase a Wahoo Blue S/C, Garmin S/C and a Zwift Pod so I can help the new users out a little better.

When i tap the power source it doesnt disconnect though? It enables me to search for a speed sensor but it doesnt show my sensor…

And you have the CABLE all setup with the Gamin S/C connect to it?