Trouble Paring True PS800 Treadmill

I recently purchased a True Fitness Performance 800 treadmill. One feature that I was excited for, was the Bluetooth connectivity, specifically for running with Zwift.

My experience has been less than stellar.

When I am able to pair Zwift with my treadmill, it takes 15-20 minutes of constantly fiddling with my iPad before the treadmill is displayed in the devices list. Is this normal? The YouTube video from Zwift about pairing with a Bluetooth treadmill even uses my exact model of treadmill, and makes it appear seemless.

Can others easily pair with their treadmill, specifically the True PS800? I’m not sure if my problem is with Zwift, or with the treadmill and I’m unsure how to narrow it down.

Any help that you can provide is appreciated!

I am running Zwift on an iPad Pro, iOS version 13.7, and Zwift version 1.0.55600.

I had a True Performance 800 last year and used with iPad Pro. Never had a connection issue.

1 Like

I just purchased a True Performance 800 treadmill . Mine connects quickly to Zwift but does not register speed — therefore my avatar does not run. It just stands there. Have you found a method to get things working yet?

I found to have success if I follow a very specific procedure in getting everything connected.

Before I even open Zwift, I do the following:

Open my Profile on the PS800.
Press “Connect” under “Connect devices?”
Press “Pair” under “Mobile App”

Now I open Zwift, select my user, and “Tap to Pair” the speed sensor. After a second, the PS800 will show up for me to select. I can then select my route, workout, etc, and press Run.

If I follow this procedure (placing the TM in pair mode before launching Zwift), I have found that I can reliably connect to Zwift and that my avatar will properly “move” once I’m loaded. I do seem to experience, from time to time, that Zwift “remembers” a prior speed and as soon as I’m loaded into the world, my avatar is already moving at 0.5 and the clock is ticking even though I haven’t yet started the TM. Minor inconvenience…

I do feel like this experience should be easier. I have heard/read that the problem is that since the tablet is portal it doesn’t remained “paired” or “connected”, and that folks who use another means (PC, Apple TV, etc.) might just have it easier.

Thanks for your response David.
I did try your method but no success.
I did have the avatar moving once last week for about 30 seconds after following the advice of Per-- the guy who wrote a response to you initially and said that he has not had trouble. On another forum he says he always has trouble and he first gets his treadmill running without him on it and then connects to zwift.
For me things have gone downhill since my first successful 30 second connect . zwift does not even recognize my treadmill anymore and it does not show up for me to “select” any more. No avatar.
I am actually using a PC and not a tablet.

After a lot of experimenting with the help of a friend this is what we found for my True Performance 800 treadmill and connecting to Zwift:

1. Does not work with only my desk top PC – ever
  2. Does not work with only my friends PC laptop
  3. Works great connecting directly to zwift with an i-pad
  4. PC laptop works great if an i -phone is the bridge and connects through the zwift companion app.
    5 desk top PC works great if an i-phone is the bridge and connects through the zwift companion app.
    6.PC laptop and PC desk top never works if using android phone as bridge and trying to connect through the zwift companion app. We tried 2 different android phones.
  5. IF connection trouble - Getting the treadmill running with no-one on it and then connecting to zwift is usually the go to method of connecting if there is any hope of connecting. Sometimes have to turn off the treadmill and back on when the treadmill starts acting funky.
    Hope this helps someone.
1 Like

So in conclusion

My True performance 800 treadmill and zwift do not play well together with PC computers and android phones.
They all do play well together as long as apple is somewhere in the mix.

1 Like