Trees in a hurricane

A few days ago I went up the Epic KOM, and many of the trees (especially higher up) were moving in a most disturbing way. It was as if some wind had been added to blow the branches around a bit, except they were moving a lot, and the tree trunks were physically moving from side to side and not just swaying. It was quite off-putting.

Not sure if this an intentional change that has gone OTT, or a bug.

I saw someone post on this in another thread, on Alpe du Zwift. So it sounds like it’s not just the Epic KOM.

I’m on Apple TV.

Don’t know what to say, but it seems like climate change is already affecting Watopia in a manner much stronger than originally anticipated by the Zwift community. Yet some bluetooth deniers claim it’s all just a bug :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I noticed this, as well, on Alpe du Zwift, and it was quite off-putting. There were a few trees next to each other, and they seemed to be sliding along the ground, back and forth. I remember thinking it was weird that I’d never noticed it before, as I’ve climbed the Alpe almost 100 times.

This was on Friday, Aug. 27th, running iOS on a iPad, most recent app update (I’d updated the app just before the ride).

I noted this, also, in Epic KOM and Alpe yesterday. Running on ATV.