Training Plan - Different "Do By" dates in Companion and Zwift APPs

After signing on to a Training Plan I find different dates for the active Workouts in Companion App and Zwift itself.

E.g. Companion Apps states “Do By Wed Night” while Zwift App states “Do By Saturday Night”.

Since the Workouts are closed after passing the date, it’s important to have accurate information. In addition for me it’s not clear what “xxx Night” or “xxx Morning” means - and how e.g. my location/time-zone is considered.

Questions:

• Which of the times shown is the correct one (Companion or Zwift App) ?
  • What does “morning”, “evening” exactly mean ? (I would actually prefer to see an exact time in my local timezone.)

Thanks.
Djai

Hey Djai, this is an issue we’ve been investigating thank you for the heads up!
Do you remember which specific training plan you were on where you saw this difference?

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into the topic. Training plan is “Active Offseason” - 12 weeks.

Just checked today (Thursday) - the Workout adverised to be done “by Saturday night” in the Zwift APP is now closed. Which fits to what the Companion APP mentioned (“by Wednesday night”). So the Companion APP seem to have the proper data, while the Zwift APP has something different.

Hope that help for further analysis.

Doing the Fondo workout the same issue appears here!

Got the same problem on FTP Builder

Git the same issue here with “build me up” training plan.
The workouts are in a different order and with different due dates in the compainion App.

Additional if I touch in the companion app on a workout under training plan the app closes/crashes immediately.
Should this lead to the detail site of the workout?

1 Like

Seeing the same issue in the Fondo and Gravel Grinder plans. There are discrepancies in “do by” and “available” dates for workouts between IOS, Mac OS and the companion app. These plans also need a solid proofread. I’m finding lots of misspellings/typos/grammatical errors. Sometimes the wattage levels listed in the plan are wrong. The way interval segments are displayed is not consistent across platforms.

In the Gravel Grinder plan in particular several workouts specify cadence. Zwift gives feedback to increase or decrease cadence to stay within a certain range (e.g. cadence pyramid). This only works for some of the workouts. On other similar workouts, the feature is turned off. It’s a pain to control manually because with a glance away from the screen it’s easy to miss a prescribed change.

I would love more flexibility in scheduling the individual workouts and to be able to enroll in a running and cycling training plan at the same time. (I know this has been brought up in other posts, but thought I’d mention it again here.)

All in all, I’m loving the training platform! Thank you for these plans. They’re great motivation. Hopefully some of these issues can be addressed going forward.

I got exacly the same problems, where companion app crash after pressing anything in training plan makes me mad.

Hello, having the same issue here with “build me up” training plan.
I started the plan last evening (saturday) and the planning on
Zwift PC app indicates for the preparation week:
Halvfems, Novanta and sneaky due by thursday night
this seems reasonable.
However on android companion app, it indicates
Halvfems, Novanta and sneaky due by sunday night.
Today(sunday) android shows a countdown: due in 13 hours.

PC app and Android app have different dates. which one is correct?

on the other hand, being a software developer myself, it looks to me like that all week workouts are due by the end of the week, no matter which weekday the plan was started.

regards!

1 Like

I noticed that the dates are equal if I use English language setting in Zwift App.
German translation is maybe wrong?
English: do by Sunday
Deutsch mach bis Mittwoch (Wednesday)
Sunday is the correct date. So in my opinion the dates in the companion app are ok, but the German translation in Zwift App is wrong.

2 Likes

HI, same issue here. It seems companion app has the right dates. I train in my Apple TV App and gives me different dates…

Any response from zwift?

Thxx

Hi! Any news on this issue guys?

Any news here?
I have the same issue: different scheduled program between App and Software!
I can’t understand which is the correct one.

Still an issue…

I get differences of dates in the Crit Crusher plan. The companion app tells me I missed a workout and it’s not selectable. When I log in to ride, it’s still avaliable and I can complete it…

So! Do you have an answer for us about this question ? We’re still waiting ?

Same here . Any answers yet ?

This problem still exists, I have experienced this with both the Running 101 and the Cycling 101!!

See images attached, I don’t know which countdown is right, the one in my companion app which says a couple of hours or my zwift app on my iPhone and my Apple TV which both say 14 hours!?!?

Also, if you restart a workout in the training plan, it becomes unavailable for 12-24 hours which is really annoying. I started the Just the Basics workout last week but realized I picked the wrong route and exited to change the route but then the workout wasn’t available anymore until 24 hours later, that was annoying as I wanted to start the training plan that day and now had to wait!! I tried cancelling the plan and re-enrolling but it wouldn’t let me until after the 24 hours… and all bc I just wanted to change the route.

Any fixes for these issues planned they seem to be a long standing software problems.

Hello everybody,

I still find the same problem today. I have missed one session thinking I had enough time. I think the right info is in zwift itself, so I cannot rely on zwift companion even if it is easy to follow up.
Any solution there?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Jorge

1 Like

Got the same issue with “Build me Up” plan,
lost one session for your same reason
Companion date rule
a bit annoying, but since now I know I can manage it

1 Like

Hi!
I have the same problem with Pebble Pounder. Looks like the right date came from Zwift Companion. Will see if the dev team fix this annoying bug someday!
Ride on friends!