Tour de Zwift [2023]

Indeed. Someone on the ride I did today actually asked why there were multiple beacons. Took me a sec to figure it out. RoboPacer chatter about “Look for your favourite robopacer in upcoming events” came to mind.

Hey, thanks for that James. Interesting bit of Zwift technical trivia there.

Loved the smiley face ride-ons.

It’s been a donkey’s age since I rode Yorkshire - the hills hit hard on a NEO2T at 100% trainer difficult. They had the virtue of being relatively short at least.

Zwift did its job today for me: 35km of riding, including a race, pushing me way harder than I would have gone otherwise.

Waxing philosophical a bit, we’re all chomping at Zwift to add content to keep the game fresh and I feel like I’m buried in content this month. (this is great!)

I’m juggling which ride to do to make sure I finish the Tour de Zwift, monthly race series, and now the “Fit & Fast” monthly mission. With “La Reine” being added as a badge, I’ve got a monster climb to look forward to this month (yay?), and all the routes on the upcoming Scotland map.

Thanks Zwift! Keep it up.

It would be nice to be able to opt out of the ridiculous looking backwards hat.

3 Likes

It would be nice to be able to opt out of the ridiculous looking backwards hat.

Yes! I deliberately chose a wacky hairstyle for my avatar so I can easily spot myself in a crowd. With everyone wearing the same hat, I have no idea where I am for the first 10-15 seconds at the start.

1 Like

So none are actually new for the tour then? I have done all those routes already

1 Like

Richmond UCI reverse is newish

Yeah but not new for the tour

I guess Scotland will have new routes though

New badges since the last TdZ

Is there no way to modify headgear for the stage ?

No, you can only modify the bike, wheels, shoes, gloves, and glasses for these events. Picking the tron bike and some bright shoes is as good as it gets for seeing your avatar, if you’re using the default camera view.

2 Likes

No, you are forced into the TdZ kit

I thoroughly enjoyed the Standard distance ride I did last night… much more so than any other race/ride I’ve done on the Yorkshire courses. A lot of breakaway action at the pointy end, just a shame it wasn’t an uphill finish!

1 Like

I was grateful for the downhill finish on the long route :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The mass start/ no category ride/races are some of the best.
There’s not much to complain about.
On your mark, get set, GO.
1 winner.

2 Likes

And no losers, because nobody else was racing :wink:

2 Likes

I am reasonably sure you, at least, haven’t done Rolling Highlands. :wink:

I got the badge on Harrogate today had to do a u-turn after the route to get it. Make sure you’re showing the entire route in the distance before the uturn.

Interesting, by doing the U turn it appears you earnt the 2018 (edit 2019) UCI Worlds Harrogate Circuit badge although you had done the whole ride up to the banner on the Harrogate Reverse Circuit, for which there is no badge.

1 Like

Yes that is a bug on that course. If you go around anti clockwise and U-turn and go back over the line you will get the badge for the clockwise direction as if you did the route.

You got the badge for 2019 UCI Worlds Harrogate Circuit That goes clockwise.

Anyone else have a “UCI Reverse” leaderboard with no times show on the HUD for the entire event (when doing the Harrogate Reverse course)? It displayed for me even when going through the sprint and KOM.

I prefer the mass start hourly. I like drafting. I’m a lazy sprinter at heart.

I didn’t do ToMI. I’m new here.

Did it have groups or did most folks ride solo with the on demand feature?