Total Race Distance and Elevation

(Geoffrey Nenninger) #1

I’ve seen this requested a couple of times before but figured I’d request again as it seems like such basic information and would be fairly simple to implement. Each race should have the TOTAL race distance listed in a standard place when so that users are aware of the distance when registering (such as next to the event name in companion app). Including total elevation gain would be an added bonus.

The current format of giving the number of laps and the course makes it difficult to impossible to know exactly what the event might actually be (and if it can be, say, completed before leaving for work in the morning). For example, I entered a race recently, the WBR 1 Lap The Highline Hilly Race (10.5km 179m). This sounded great and would fit well within my time constraints, but despite the apparently complete description what was not mentioned was that the “lap” began AFTER a 9.5km lead in which INCLUDED an ascent of the main climb. The race was actually 20km long with a fair bit more climbing than the title would lead one to believe.

If the distance and elevation were included in a standard format it would make the decision to enter much more simple. And while I realized that more information can be found on some 3rd party websites such as zwiftpower.com, it seems like athletes should not have to go through that trouble to get such a basic bit of information.

Thanks!

(Gerrie Delport TeamZF) #2

I do agree it would be nice to have more info, and that seem like valuable info.

But athletes should also prepare for the race, it is very easy to look at the route look at the distance and elevation. 3rd party sites have all the information you need. Try this one : https://zwifthacks.com/app/events/

(Anton Kovalnogov (B)) #3

I would like to have current elevation on the screen. Basically, as was told by others the panel with data fields should be customised, may be have few pages, like on all modern devices, e.g garmin

(Koen Theys) #4

Fully agree.
Voted!