Toggle on/off avatar voices

There’s something particularly grating about being in a group when people decide to spam the ‘ride on’ button, continually screaming it for upwards of 10 miles. That doesn’t happen in real life. It’s annoying to have it happen in Zwift.

I don’t want to silence the game sound effects - listening to the ‘nature’ sounds, the whir of wheels, the chirping of birds, and the ‘ding’ of Ride On delivery is great. I like having the ping of experience being added. But those sounds that immerse you into the game (the background sounds) or cue you in to game advancements are tethered to the voices of avatars shouting ride-on forever and ever. Add into it that the male voice for the (1) Ride On has a particular pitch that somehow makes it piercing, and it decreases enjoyment exponentially.

Being able to toggle the voices only would be a godsend.

I completely agree. The Emotes need their own volume. This is really decreasing my enjoyment of zwift. People think the thumb will drop a ride on bomb. And that logically makes sense, but it doesn’t actually do that. Apparently most people turn off the game sounds and that compounds the problem because they do not realize that pressing that thumb button causes the annoying phenomenon of the continuous Rid-ride-ri-rid-ride-ri-ri-ri-rid-ride-ri-ri-rid-ride on voice. Many people know but apparently most don’t that to give a ride on bomb you go th the map screen in the companion app and press the arrow in the middle of the map when it has a circle around it. (Not very logical) Giving users the ability to drastically degrade the experience for others and not even realize that they are doing it is not acceptable. I would flag the users if I could, but you don’t even know who is doing it. If you mention it during a pace partner ride, they just do it more and they think it’s funny.
The Emotes that have sounds are like giving a few hundred toddlers an electric toy that just has a few buttons that make really annoying sounds. Hearing the sounds each one time is bad enough but being forced to listen to them for hours at a time is simply torture. Zwift, PLEASE take the batteries out of the annoying toys.

2 Likes

Don’t take away my bell.

Coming through, RING RING RING

2 Likes