Time Trial mode, and more!

We already do a TTT run by WTRL but theres a lot of manual work - each team sits in the open for a nominated period of time before going and the race admin has a but of a job to sort the time out.

2 Likes

Great news. Looking forward to it.

I think this is an approach worth considering for all powerups.

(I also think it’d need to be more than 200m.)

Disabling powerups in the last 500m or 1km would stop the Aero at all costs kind of finishes we see so often, where powerups tend not to be used tactically during a race so much as being sat on until the sprint.

Indeed, in many races it seems that you’re “doing it wrong” if you do anything but hold your Aero until the end, and it’s the only way to level the playing field at all.

I’d like to see an option for race organisers to set a dead zone at the end of the race, after which no powerups can be triggered.

15 Likes

Thanks. The ghost sounds fun.

Now. Stage /course/lap profiles that are actually readable and helpful? Would be a good alternative to the map.

2 Likes

Hi dear

Did you solve the problems with mac connexion ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Would really prefer my subscription funds go towards something like the Personal Best Bot.
Been waiting years for this.
Invisible powerup, that’s something you’d expect on CVRCADE!!!

10 Likes

Really like some of the new features and hope they work well. I decided at the start of the month to leave Zwift after the Tour de Zwift where on many occasions I was waiting to start the event and got kicked out of the game, often up to 6 times, meaning that by the time I could get going, I was chasing down a pack several minutes in front of me. The feature I would therefore like to see is improved reliability since all these things are great, but people aren’t going to hang around if they have similar experiences to mine (also makes me regret having continued to stay for the tour which I couldn’t complete for this reason!).

Hope you will look at the reliability and crashing in larger events and I may return in a few months to see if it is still an issue…

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Jon, good to hear about TT events…i always ride with tt bikes on zwift. My question is about updates of the general gaming experience and not only events-oriented updates.

Events are about 5/10% of my total zwift experience but most of the time i’m in free ride, workouts…meetups and so on. So is there something moving outside of the events world? (to be clear i love events but i also love the zwift free experience)

thx for your update Jon

Time trial events - Awesome, can’t wait
Burrito - Great addition
Event fence - Absolute genius idea
Invisibility - no no no no no!

And really liking Daren’s suggestion re power-up dead-zones at the end of races.

5 Likes

I would like to see ride ons accumulate on my screen. So that we can see how many we’ve gotten in that specific ride. (Before we hit menu and close out the ride)

I would also like to access my badges and garage from the Zwift companion app. I dislike that I always have to “ride” in order to view those things. It’s a waste of file data and the constant “trash” this ride is annoying to have to do.

12 Likes

Hi what about an update on the gear problems with the Wattbike, I’m paying a monthly fee for a faulty product.

Jon,

TT Mode sounds great … will it have ITT and TTT sub-modes?
Leader Fence … thanks for responding to the Leader Community, this will be a gr8 help.

Burrito - seems goofy, but at least we can turn it off.
Invisibility - even goofier, but at least we can turn it off.
Who knows, maybe someone can find a fun application of these PUs.

As we have gone down the path of “game-i-fication” can we please have back “Hot Bike Switches” (where we could switch from TT to Race Bikes and reverse without hitting the pairing screen with a delay that costs time) back and have that also configurable to on/off? Those switches could add a different element to some races and are HUGELY helpful when a person is dropped from a group ride and may want to recatch the group. As long as HOT BIKE is configurable, it should be a winning option.

Thanks for the game and thanks for the enhancements.
Kevin

4 Likes

Instead of all these power-up gimicks, I really wish you would add a “pure” cycling mode that eliminates every aspect of the game that would not be found in the real world for those of us who want to use Zwift as a simulator and not a game.

Oh, and Zwift is generally really pretty bad about communicating with customers. That would be another area where improvement would be appreciated.

8 Likes

Awesome! This invisibility powerup seems like tons of fun. I for one look forward to some Mario kart like racing!

Adding this feature would take the effort of multiple people, and take weeks or months to implement.

Your subs for a whole year will cover less than a day of any decent developer, so if it makes you happy you can assume that’s exactly what’s happening. =)

Think this is great and will lead to some fun events on zwift. the more serious races probably won’t use powerups (a lot don’t already) but not everyone wants a serious race, some will use the fondo events and tour events as a semi serious race and I think this and the burrito could really add some fun to these events. i take zwift racing seriously but hey i also want some fun. so great job…really looking forward to trying the time trial mode.Thanks Jon…any news on when club features may be coming

I would love to see two specific things:

1. The possibility of choosing features on the dashboard, especially W/kg, average Watts, average W/kg and distance left.
  2. A better analyze tool after a ride, with the oportunity to see your stats from select segments of the ride, in addition to: Watts, w/kg, bpm on flats, climbs steeper that for instance 3%, less than 2%, downhill (<0%)… with the poosibility of adjusting the elevation in %.

I hope that Strava considers this, but so far they don’t.
If Zwift would, that would have been awesome!

7 Likes

Hot bike switches would be great

3 Likes

the companion app would be really useful if it had additional controls and configuration tools, even access the drops store would be cool and being able to switch bikes and kit.

5 Likes

Remove the HUD, for example? There’s no requirement for you to use powerups, so I don’t really see which aspects of Zwift force you to do something you don’t want. If there’s really a barrier to your goals, maybe one of the other options would be better for you (Trainer Road, Sufferfest etc.).

1 Like