The Zwift Big Spin [March 2024]

For that matter…

Apparently it has a matching rear wheel

3 Likes

Is it known how many drops we get for a duplicate ?

That looks fast

Those wheels, that bike and Giro’s new TT helmet (the one that looks like a giant knob) and you’d be slipperier than a greased pig at the county fair.

2 Likes

The rear is a colored disc.

I got it on the second try.

4 Likes

So I did my first big spin ride today, the first 3 power ups I got were +250XP. Are others seeing that many XP bonuses or was I just lucky? At the end I just got the makuri flower shirt thingy, no fancy wheels.

1 Like

As per the data from ZwiftHacks there is a 15% chance for the +250xp drop so getting 3 in a row needs a bit of luck but certainly possible.

2 Likes

Lots of steam rollers being dropped on S1 long tonight

Has anyone noticed a performance degradation using Tri Spoke wheels? Normally I ride one of three bikes which perform close enough… Zwift Concept, or Zwift Safety+Zipp 858/Super 9 (or Lightweight “Alpe” Wheels), or Canyon Aeroad with the same either/or wheels (depending on the route). I did Suki’s Playground on Zwift Concept and have done six “spins” so far today with consistent results on power/pace. I equipped the Tri Spoke wheels to Safety and had to give the bike quite a bit more power to maintain the same pace as Concept. So, I thought “change bikes”, did the 1.7 BMTR Short Adventure with Aeroad and Tri Spoke on Tempus Fugit and finished with the leader the entire time, but at an average of a little over 2.1. I switched back to Concept and the performance is as expected.

Ok , I definitely want that bike and I can go for some XP farming but the Big Spin is taking place concurrently with the Zwift Games.
Previously, Race Like a Champ was ended prematurely do to the Zwift Games.

There seems to be poor communication present.

1 Like

That alone will get me riding these events. I got the bloody bike first go.

Anyone want to swap?

The times for the B rides on ZwiftPower seem to be very wrong. It looks like ZwiftPower is adding 15 minutes to the actual times (coincidence that the rides start 15 minutes past the hour?). The A times seem normal though.

2 Likes

I noticed the same issue on the A ride at 16:15 GMT yesterday. Finished in 45 mins, ZwiftPower showing 60 mins.

1 Like

Agree, it would have been nice if they had started the Big Spin event after Zwift Games, or at least start it the same week as the Zwift Games catch-up.

1 Like

Zwiftinsider has the bike test up

The Atomic Cruiser may look like a super-aero rocketship, but unfortunately… it’s not.

Its test time of 51:43 means it is slower than every other road frame in game, apart from the mighty Buffalo Fahrrad. It is 21 seconds slower than our “baseline” Zwift Aero frame and 29 seconds slower than the fastest frames in game on our test course, which is two laps of Tempus Fugit, totaling 34.6km.

The Atomic Cruiser turns in an Alpe climb time of 50:07, which is 39 seconds slower than our Zwift Aero baseline and 77 seconds slower than the best climbing road frame in game – the Specialized Aethos. Once again, it is slower than every other road frame in game, other than the Buffalo Fahrrad.

A good place to use it is during the Zwift Games as all frames are neutralized

2 Likes

Buffalo ain’t slow :laughing:

1 Like

Finished the first ride. Didn’t see an opportunity to spin anything. No ‘prize’.

The spinner appears at the end of the ride, as you pass through the finishing banner. Though judging from your activity feed (assuming I found the right person), you levelled up at the same time, so you might not have noticed it.

You got the shoes from the spinner in case you were wondering.

2 Likes

Thanks. Maybe someday I’ll figure all that out. I’ll look for it next stage. Not too concerned about not getting the ‘merch’ but it does look like fun. Thanks again.