The problem is to dock with the guys for joint rides!

Всем добрый вечер. Меня пригласили прокатиться в компании. Но ребята заходят в приложение через смартфон с zwift companion , а я через ПК. У меня простой кнопочный мобильный телефон. Я не знаю, как встретиться с ними завтра и поехать с ними. Я не вижу, где я могу поставить галочку, чтобы подключиться к ним завтра. Мы, пенсионеры, решили устроить веселую поездку! Мне жаль, что я, возможно, неправильно объяснил свою проблему! А потом я хочу посмотреть, как я буду кататься с ними, они всегда катались на велосипеде и участвовали в соревнованиях, я в основном занимался волейболом и теннисом, а теперь перешел с covid на велоспорт дома. Я жду ваших объяснений, буду очень благодарен.

Google Translated:
Good evening everyone. I was invited to ride in the company. But the guys enter the application through a smartphone with zwift companion , and I through a PC. I have a simple push-button mobile phone. I don’t know how to meet them tomorrow and go with them. I don’t see where I can check the box to connect to them tomorrow. We pensioners decided to have a fun trip! I’m sorry that I may have explained my problem incorrectly! And then I want to see how I will ride with them, they have always been cycling and competing, I have mainly done volleyball and tennis and now I have switched from covid to cycling at home. I am waiting for your explanations, I will be very grateful.

Hello @23_valera23
It is true that the Companion app is required to use many of the social features in Zwift, such as Club events.

While an Android or Apple smartphone is required to use the Companion app - it runs very happily on slightly older hardware (not too old, though). As of today, that means Android OS 9 or newer, or if you like Apple products - iOS version 12 or newer. See this list of supported devices:

Do you know someone willing to give you their old smartphone for free or cheap? If yes - that phone does not need to be enabled on a cellular provider network. The smartphone only needs to connect to the same WiFi network as your Zwift computer in order to work.

Just set up an free account on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store to download the Companion app.

This can be done for very little money if you can get the phone cheaply.

Google Translated:
Это правда, что приложение Companion требуется для использования многих социальных функций в Zwift, таких как использование клубов.

Хотя для использования приложения Companion требуется смартфон Android или Apple, оно очень хорошо работает на немного более старом оборудовании (хотя и не слишком старом). На сегодняшний день это означает Android OS 9 или новее, или, если вам нравятся продукты Apple, iOS версии 12 или новее См. этот список поддерживаемых устройств:

Вы знаете кого-то, кто готов отдать вам свой старый смартфон бесплатно или дешево? Если да - этот телефон не нужно включать в сеть оператора сотовой связи. Смартфону нужно только подключиться к той же сети Wi-Fi, что и ваш компьютер Zwift, чтобы работать.

Просто создайте бесплатную учетную запись в Apple App Store или Google Play Store, чтобы загрузить приложение Companion. Это можно сделать за очень небольшие деньги, если вы можете получить телефон дешево.

Good morning! Thanks! Yes, I have a tablet with android 10, but for some reason this application is not installed. And just put zwift without problems. .

If you visit the Google Play store from that tablet, is there a message like “this app is not compatible with your device?”

In general - the Play Store will know if your Android device is or is not compatible. If it is not downloadable, there may be a hardware incompatibility. Other reasons include a non-standard version of Android, or if that version of Android has been rooted it may not be able to access apps from the Play Store. Do any of those situations apply to your tablet?

Good morning !Through Google Play, this app is visible (companion) but when you run install, it’s already gone and opens simple versions of zwift, which I already have. I tried downloading the apk file and installed it. When launching the application (I’m talking about a companion) -a picture with the letter Z appears and that’s it, I see the Wi-Fi download speed will drop. And after a certain period of time writes - reboot and there is no connection with the Internet.