Technogym Skillbike with Zwift iOS

Hi Paula. Which tablet mount are you using?

Hi all,

thought I should chip in. After some serious deliberation decided to jump for the skillbike and based on the comments above started to connect everything. So far, everything works like a charm following these steps:

• Startup Zwift on the Ipad and the Zwift app recognizes the Skillbike without issues. I am also using a Wahoo TICKR to monitor my heart rate and that is recognized as well.
  • The skillbike will recognize that Zwift wants to connect, you need to press “agree”
  • the screen on the skillbike will change to a generic mode with the cadence, power, power balance and gears.
  • Start pedalling and the feedback from Zwift is recognized by the Skillbike

I will keep you updated as things progress but so far (apart from one connection drop) I did not have any issues.

Hi Paula. I know your post was from a long time ago but having just purchased a SkillBike I’m just wondering which product you purchased to sit your tablet over the console as in your picture. It looks very good.

Hi Timo, did you manage to get a decent mount for the tablet? Did Paula respond?

Just recieved the Skillbike today - setup was instant possible - everything went smooth for the start - will keep you updated

Just finished a freeride as well as a ERG Mode ride with the Skillbike that was connected through Bluetooth with my AppleTV - all smooth

Is it true that the Technogym app, which connects to Zwift…is only available on Apple devices? Having had two years, not having an Android app seems a little off. Can the Technogym “app” be run under Windows on a PC, or is Apple TV or an Apple Device a prerequisite for one of these things? Thanks!

I have only tried wihth an Iphone, but the app is available to Android, there is not reason for not working. I can only use the bike at my work’s gymn…and lately that happen not os often.

1 Like

Hi Paula , which mount are you using for Skillbike ?
I’m not able to find one !

1 Like

@Panumbris @ash_taylor @Dave_Luyckx

Hi all, I recently purchased a skilllbike as well, however, I’m having a difficult time integrating the devices and platforms and I sure would appreciate some help as you are the only people in the world I know who are using the Technogym Skillbike with Zwift. Is it possible to PM each of you? I am new to the forums, or at least to posting. Thanks so much!!!

Hi @Jackson_William,

If you encounter issues, please describe them here. Maybe there are more users with similar topics and then we can see if we can replicate and/or resolve them.

As far as connecting goes, please see my post from last year. Everything still works as described without any issues. I just need to make sure I do it in the correct order otherwise the Ipad does not recognize the bike.

Cheers!

Hi @Jackson_William,

Happy New Year - here two small Videos - just created the for you. I am running a Setup with a Skillbike, Apple TV, Zwift Assistant on the iPhone all BLE, sometimes also ANT+ through my Win10 PC.

Here the keywords to get to the videos (as links are not allowed)

Zwift Skillbike Setup on Apple TV
Zwift Skillbike - in action

Hope this helps :hugs:.

Best regards,

Igor

2 Likes

Thanks Igor, your description was very helpful. I appreciate you going extra mile and adding the videos too. About a month after your reply, Technogym came out with a firmware update that fixed the problem. According to Technogym, the update was not pushed to all bikes and some were overlooked. I had wondered why my bike’s screens looked different than yours. Once the update went through to my bike, it’s been smooth sailing. Thanks again for your help!

I use a skillbike at my gym and am having issues. Could some kind soul let me know what the latest version of firmware is available for the skillbike please?. I am convinced the gym bikes are very back level.
Thanks in advance