Tacx vortex no signal

I´ve been training with zwift for 2 month now. It have been working good until now. The last 4 times zwift says that there´s no signal from trainer 5-10minutes in to workout. Then I have to reconnect at best (costing me a couple of minutes so I lose traininggroup). At worse I can´t reconnect and have to restart zwift.

Hi Niklas,

The most common reason for the problem you’ve encountered is signal drops as a result of interference on either the Bluetooth or ANT+ connection, depending on how you’re pairing your Tacx Vortex to Zwift.

For ANT+, I recommend that you read this article from the Zwift Support hub.

For Bluetooth (BLE), I recommend that you read this article from the Zwift Support hub.

If that doesn’t help, this is something our support team can help you to resolve. I recommend that you please submit a support ticket if you haven’t already done so, and one of our support agents will be happy to take a closer look at this matter.

I am having this same issue and it’s very frustrating. No signal every time I try bluetooth or it just drops mid-ride. Zwift says I have to buy another device - no - I’ll just cancel my service. Stupid since I purchased my Tacx vortex trainer through Zwift and chose it specifically because of it’s bluetooth component. It shouldn’t take 30 min. to get your equipment to work for a 20 min. ride each day. DONE!

2 Likes

Exactly the same issue, bought new tacx vortex and signal keeps dropping. Extremely frustrating and poor service

1 Like

I was using Zwift over most of the last winter and cold/wet days in spring with my Tacx Vortex with no problems. Some time over the summer I tried and the connection lasted anything from a few seconds to a few minutes before dropping. The Tacx trainer app has no problems. I want to stay on Zwift because of other people on the platform for joint rides, but it really is becoming not worthwhile for me.

1 Like

Hi,

I started having the same issue couple of weeks ago. Mobile companion app connects to the trainer while I log in, but as soon as I switch to the “ride” mode, I see connection failure icon and only my HR device works fine. Tried restarting tacx, zwift app, mobile phone, blue tooth - no result. Trainer connect to Tacx trainer app no problem. Please assist.