Tacx genius smart not controllable

Hi,

I have Zwift installed on an iPad and have a Tacx genius smart trainer. When I start Zwift the trainer is shown but is not controllable. I tried turning on/off Bluetooth and power down/up again but it does not help.

Any ideas ?

Hey Cedric! When you tap on Controllable does your TacX not show as listed?

No, it says ‘searching’ but does not find the device.

Can you try completely closing the Zwift app then relaunch it?

Updating the firmware with Tacx utility app has solved the problem.

Awesome Cedric! Glad it worked out for you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi Vincent, i have similar problem(instamt connection with power source and cadence). Only controllable stays unpair.
I have device Tacx Flux s. Bluetooth connection with my laptop and Samsung tab via bluetooth. On Samsung tab i have zwift companion. I have tried / studied every possible solution. Sometimes everything connects with any problems. But most of the time i need to close Zwift app on my laptop and relaunch it. That takes me around 15 till 45 minutes (5 to 10 rebooting the system to find conecction). Lately however i have discovered (still testing that option) that i only have to close my Zwift companion app and relaunch this app for two or three times. But as i said, still testing that option. At least five times i was sure that now i solve the problem with connectivity.

And my Tacx is update to last firmware. I have checked that option as well.

Bluetooth connectivity is 4.0 on a tablet and laptop.

Please advise what else can i try or check.

Kind regard, Matej

2 Likes