Cannot connect with controllable Zwift

(Sander Van Der Aa) #1

Hi all!
I just started my ‘Zwifting-carreer’ and bought a setup (Tacx Flux S Smart).

When I start the Zwift software on my laptop (together with the Zwift Companion-app) the connection between the software and Tacx trainer are found imidiatelt for the power and cadance. But for the controllable-function it can’t be found.

After a number of rebooting/restarting I just ride once with the controllable function, but the last tries it’s not connecting. Are there any solutions for this, or how can this be solved? More people with this issue?

Note: I tried connecting with the Companion-app as well with the bluetooth on my laptop.

(Vincent) #2

Hey Sander, sorry to hear Zwift is giving you some pairing trouble! Do you know if your Tacx was ever paired to another app, such as the Tacx training app? If so, try unpairing your trainer from that app and then restart Zwift and attempt to pair controllable again.

If this does not help and you need more assistance feel free to send in a technical support conversation here: https://support.zwift.com/contact/contact-us-HJH8N4RNQ

(M KELLER (Cryo-Gen)) #3

Hi! I have the same problem. Just bought the tacx flux s smart, on the tacx app no problem with resitance. On Zwift no chance to get the “controllable trainer” working. Have tried it 6 times since buying and no chance with all combos connecting/disconnecting.
I heard that with an ANT+ there should be no problem but i would like to have a sweeter solution;)
Thanks beforehand.
Cheers
Mathias

(Sander Van Der Aa) #4

Hi Matthias,

I tried connecting with my tablet (no other Bluetooth connections set) instead of my mobile phone (connections with Android Auto, my smartwatch). And now it works every time.

Maybe you have an other device to connect also?

(Magnus Aaen If Froy) #5

Hi

Same issue here. Worked perfectly well last season with same setup, but now, it’s almost impossible to connect as controllable trainer. I have a flux smart trainer.

And if i’m lucky enough to get it to connetc as a controllable trainer, it always drops the bt signal mid ride, causing lots of cursing and frustration being dropped from the group.

I have also tried with several android devices. Same issue.

I think something happened in the last game update og companion app update.

Good luck zwifting!

(Blaine Hales) #6

I am having the same issue. I am using the tacx Bushido. Have you found an answer to this problem??? It worked fine originally but now no pairing with controllable.

(Geoffrey) #7

Hello. I have a Tacx Flux and a android phone (S7) with Companion installed.
I’ve had the same intermittent problem : Controllable pairing only happened once in a while. So I found a protocol that succeeds every time, here it is (after 2 months of testing) :

1. Make sure the Tacx trainer is unplugged, and bluetooth is only enabled on your computer (not on the phone). The Tacx Trainer must be close (within 3 meters) to the computer.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Start the Companion app on the phone
  4. Start Zwift on the computer
  5. Once the pairing window appears, turn on the Tacx
  6. The three active connections should appear
(Blaine Hales) #8

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will give this a try. If it works for me as well, I will forward the info onto support so they can make any needed changes to their software.

Blaine

(Blaine Hales) #9

Yes, I got a chance to use your system and it works. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like
(Geoffrey) #10

You are welcome. I know how frustrating it can be to miss an event because of a connection failure…
Regards,

Geoff