Controllable wont connect

Hi everyone.
Never had a problem before 2 days ago. Zwift would log me in but kept saying no.routed available.
No it will load but the controllable will not connect. I have tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling disconnecting everything bluetooth and reconnecting and still the power source and cadence are fine but no controllable even when I search for it.
Please help…real tears of frustration here

Lou

I don’t know if I’ll be able to help, but the next question likely to be asked is: What is your set up?

So, if you can provide the following information it would be helpful:

Make/Model of Trainer
How are you connecting to Zwift (PC, Mac, iPad, Android, Apple TV, etc.)
Are you using Bluetooth or ANT+?
If ANT+, are you using a dongle and, if so, is it on an extension cable close to the bike?
Are you on WiFi or hardwired?
Can you post a picture of your pairing screen?
Where are you physically located? (There seem to be some ISP issues in various parts of the globe.)

There are likely other questions, but those are the ones I see most often with questions like yours.

2 Likes

HI
are you running bluetooth music?
and what is your trainer?

Hi paul
Not running any music or anything else no.
I have a Tacx Flus S

Hi Jeffrey
Thabks for this…details are…
Tacx flux s
I connect via a laptop and usually use my phone on the ap also but switched that off when trying to connect
I use bluetooth on wireless internet
I’m in Wales

Partner is fine to connect and use myn trainger on Rouvy which is what he uses and my internet is fine.

Hi @Louise_Lou welcome to Zwift forums.

@Nigel_Tufnel’s thinking correctly on the troubleshooting questions.

Because I work at Zwift HQ, I can see you’re on a Windows machine. Did the laptop do a Windows patch recently? One thing you could try for ID a cause is rolling back that patch using System Restorej. However, there will always be a need to patch Windows so it’s not a long-term fix.

You might try updating the Windows Bluetooth drivers if you’re using the laptop’s built-in Bluetooth capabilities. If you’re using a USB dongle for Bluetooth, update that drive from the manfuacturer site.

On the trainer end - have you update the firmware using the manufacturer’s app recently? Perhaps a revision to the older firmware would restore better function?

Thirdly - are you pairing the trainer directly to the laptop? Have you tried using the Zwift Companion app to create a Bluetooth bridge?

Hi there.
Thanks for your help.
I checked for updates and drivers like you said and updated from my manufacturer’s website.
However now it wont connect at all and the bluetooth has completely stopped working and wont even attempt to look for anything so it looks like it’s got a whole lot worse now.
In my drivers there were 4 incl tacx this has now disappeared with 2 others I cant remember the name of

Went through and it briefly had all connected but when entered a ride it would not move me despite me obviously peddling. I came our of zwift and restarted and now I have nothing and thare is nothing if I search

@Louise_Lou

Look for an email - want to send you a possible fix.

I am having very similar pairing problems with my TACX Flux S and windows 10 laptop. It all started after a Zwift update in September and has been a downhill spiral. I had been using Zwift for 6 months without an issue prior to that. I’ve updated everything including taking computer to an IT expert to have hardware analysed and windows reinstalled. My Bluetooth is up-to date. Have downloaded the C++ file as per other suggestions. It sometimes works using ZC app as bridging. Have combed all the forums looking for solutions to no avail. I’m at my wits end as I’m much too addicted!

@J_Suth

It’s very common for the trainer’s Bluetooth signal to be stolen by a different app before you fire up the Zwift app. Please make sure that

On your phone / tablet - disable/uninstall apps such as:
Garmin Connect
Tacx/Garmin trainer utility app
Strava
or others that can bind to your trainer’s BLE signal.
Additionally: make sure that your trainer is not directly paired the the smartphone’s operating system in the way that you pair a pair of Bluetooth earbuds

On your Windows laptop:

1. The Zwift Game app now has a warning that it detects Garmin Connect running in the background. If that pops up - be sure to say yes to shut down Garmin Connect.

Lastly - if you’re running the Zwift game app on the laptop - uninstall it from your smartphone / tablet. Multiple simultaneous logins on different machines also steal your trainer’s signal from the machine you actually want to use.

Thank you so much for all your advice. I have done as you suggest and got connected. Zwift could not find TACX trainer until I paired it to the computer. The computer found but wouldn’t connect to Wahoo tickr or Wahoo cadence, but Zwift connected to them. Hope it keeps working for me. Thank you again for your help!

1 Like

This solution worked for one single use only @Shuji_Sakai and won’t work again. Now I’m back to the same problem of “controllable” not connecting. I’m only able to connect through companion app, but even this is not guaranteed. I don’t like companion app because it gives different cadence readings for workouts from the laptop screen that I’m riding from. Companion app is updated. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Same problem here, just bought the Tacx Smart Flux S en tried to pair it with the bluetooth of my laptop. That was not the problem but it dit not connect with the cadence and controllable. What should I do?

Turn Bluetooth off and try with ANT+.
I use this Dongle and it works flawless
https://www.amazon.com/Anself-Wireless-Compatible-Forerunner-011-02209-00/dp/B08NB3TSSW/ref=sr_1_4?crid=4J1AYRT4OFB4&dchild=1&keywords=anself+ant+dongle&qid=1608986926&sprefix=anself+ant%2Caps%2C246&sr=8-4

This just started happening with me.

I have paused the suggested apps on my phone, checked my drivers, and uninstalled Zwift on my phone.

Zwift on my PC still won’t see the Tacx Neo 2t as Controllable. The companion app, Tacx utility, and Tacx training app have no problem seeing it.