Sunny Spin Bike

I have this spin bike with a speed and cadence sensor attached. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1002 49lb Flywheel Belt Drive Indoor Cycle Bike https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00467H5YW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7bDsCbH7337RT

I had been using my husbands Kinetix trainer with newbie power about 105W after a couple rides. When I figured out how to pair my spin bike, my watts jumped up by 35 to 140! I’m thinking I need to change setting to more match my ability/strength. Any ideas? I set it to 20” wheels but so not sure if this.

Thanks!

I am also using a Sunny Spin bike with Speed and Cadence added and would like to know best choice to select for trainer and wheel size. Looks like you did not receive any answer?

Hi @Pamela_Southwell

There is not way to acuratly setup a spin bike. Zwift does not have a power curve for the spin bike because the bike has variable resistance and there is no way for Zwift to know at what resistance your bike is set to.

One option will be to look at Power meter pedals or if you can find a stages compatible crank arm.

2 Likes

Power meter pedals are expensive. Would be nice to have better gear but until I prove to myself that I will continue to ride, I don’t want to spend that much. I am not a road cyclist, just looking to get in better shape.

You can use Zwift like that but just remember it is not accurate.

Yes the pedals is very expensive, I am currently in the process of converting a spin bike crank to fit a stages power meter.

1 Like

I knew it would not be accurate but I am riding and sweating. So far I like it but it’s been a week. I will just keep the settings where they are at. If I still am wanting to ride, will look into better gear. My road bike is a beach cruiser. :grinning:

2 Likes

The main thing is to have fun.

Zwift is a lot of fun.

1 Like

Well, I used the smallest size wheel and still my power overestimated. I’m a fairly inexperienced and undertrained rider - I rode with my brother in another state on Zwift, and I squashed him, however he is a VERY experienced and expert cyclist. Needless to say I got a nice goat jersey once. Then I transferred to a trainer for my bike and it’s way more realistic. Sorry not much help here. Sold the spin bike.

Zwift does not have a power curve for the spin bike because the bike has variable resistance and there is no way for Zwift to know at what resistance your bike is set to.