Stop Adding Makuri Routes

The thing about PRL Full, remember it’s ELEVEN times up Box Hill, not ten. We had some fun with THAT. PRL Full is a bit easier than you might think: Eleven times up Box means eleven times down Fox and that’s a coupla minutes to descend. Good time to get off the bike and take a leak or fill water bottles, etc. Remember there are no bonus points for having the fastest time on Box either. Still it was six solid hours of time on the trainer.

Not looking forward to the Über Pretzel. Hoping to jump in on a doubledraft group thing for that. I did the 4 Horsies in a big group with DD and that helped. Trouble was, the group was high C and I’m not so at the end of it I was toast.

1 Like

I have two different opinions on that point:

• create new routes with new badges can motivate some riders
  • with limited route that mean we have more chance to get more riders on the same route, so riders can be motivated by other.
    Both opinions in contradiction, so NO VOTE for me.
    I think Zwift team are on continue improvement.
    Enjoy your rides.

Would still like to be able to create my own routes to ride around the worlds without having to cluck tge mouse at each turn.
Ie, create a route on a route planner, then just start zwift and just ride away .

I’m actually in agreement with this. It seems lately Zwift has been adding routes for the sake of adding routes and mostly covering the same ground with very minor tweaks. As someone pointed out earlier, lets have more engaging and interesting routes. Not routes for the sake of another route

3 Likes

I half agree with this - not that there shouldn’t be more new routes but i’d like to see them spread out across the other worlds.

Richmond is crying out for a figure of 8 route or at least some reverse routes for example.

My 2c on routes in zwift.

It looks like zwift internally loads a route as almost a cue sheet, detailing the turns at each junction you will encounter.

We can upload custom workouts, so uploading custom “cue sheets” shouldn’t be much harder.

Zwift wouldn’t even have to create an interface for route design - i’m sure the community would - it just has to allow the loading of a custom route file like a custom workout.

A lot of added value for regular/power users for little effort on zwift’s part.

2 Likes

And yet we still haven’t been granted these functions. I think I voted for them shortly after ZHQ moved the forums to this platform.

1 Like

Having only finished the Makuri routes yesterday, this is fresh in my mind.

There are way too many routes for that little map, especially on the Neokyo side. Yes, I like new route badges and new stuff in general, but agree w/the topic “stop adding Makuri routes” at least until the next Makuri expansion.

And as mentioned, if you don’t like a map or area, then don’t ride there. There are at least three choices on any given day, more if you do meetups or hack zwift prefs.

1 Like

didn’t WTopia start off wit the mountain loop, with others added afterwards ?

No it was only the hilly route, Mountain route came later.