Sticky cadence/power

When using powermeter as cadence source, and trainer as powersource delay between when i stop pedaling and that 0 cadence information goes to zwift is like +10s which is little too much. Does anyone else have this kind of problem?
I am using quarq dzero pm and elite suito as trainer. It happens with BLE and ANT+ connection.

This might have some legs as a new exploit… Wonder how many are using it in WTRL already…

Just a random cadence graphic from strava:

1 Like

eSports ready platform?

It’s been a known issue for a long time now. Zwift updated their latest e-sports ruleset to specifically ban it. It’s easily detectable so anyone abusing it can be disqualified.

1 Like

same issue/bug is with my trainer also, i mean if i use my trainer as power and cadence source, so it is not related to powermeter in my case…

It seems like, similar to sticky watts, somewhere along the way your cadence reading is getting delayed on its way to Zwift.

As a bit of an aside, I’m curious why you’re using your power meter only a cadence source-- personally I’d think to use the pm as a power source to keep my readings consistent when riding indoor vs. outdoor.

Either way, the question is whether it’s device (computer), hardware (Quarq) or software (Zwift) issue causing the inaccuracy between your actual RPM and the RPM that Zwift thinks you’re at. It could also be any combination of the three.

But anyway, let’s get to the things you can try:

The first thing I’d have you do would be figure out if it’s your device-- have you tried connecting your Quarq and trainer via bluetooth via ZC? If it’s still reading your cadence weird, we can probably rule out the computer being the problem. I know you mentioned the issue still happened via ANT+, but testing with ZC can still help provide some more info.

I’m also wondering-- if you use the Quarq as a power source and the trainer for cadence, how are your readings? How about with the Quarq as both power source and cadence?

This is where I would start my search. I have seen some posts like this on the ZP forum some time ago.

1 Like

I noticed this bug like 3weeks ago, i think it appeared after few latest client updates to windows zwift client.

I’m curious why you’re using your power meter only a cadence source-- personally I’d think to use the pm as a power source to keep my readings consistent when riding indoor vs. outdoor.
I am using pm as cadence source because trainer is not giving stable cadence. PM gives stable cadence 90 when pedaling with that, trainer gives like 85-95 which is xtremely anoying if riding workouts. Cadence varies a lot when using trainer as cadence source when pedaling with stable cadence.

I have Elite Suito trainer, i am using powermeter link in elite suito (PM is paired to trainer), because then trainer is sending same power from my powermeter to zwift as my powermeter is measuring. This is because i noticed that in workouts, this is best way to get trainer reacting workout steps more faster than case, when i am using PM as PWR source. I have been using this setup like almost a year now.

The first thing I’d have you do would be figure out if it’s your device-- have you tried connecting your Quarq and trainer via bluetooth via ZC?
What is ZC? If you mean zwift companion app, i am not using that app during workouts or events in zwift. Windows app currently in use. Companion app drops off from “game” mode so often, so i dont want to lose my nerve with that one. I can try to test it later today.

I’m also wondering-- if you use the Quarq as a power source and the trainer for cadence, how are your readings? How about with the Quarq as both power source and cadence?
Basically quarq is now my powersource and cadence, but i havent tried quarq as powersource and trainer as cadence. I will test it later today.

Zwift racing rules / WTRL recommend using the trainer over the power meter.

Powermeter link disabled from trainers settings.

When using suito as cad&pwr source, delay is close 10s, cadence stays but pwr goes to 0 slowly in 4-5seconds.
When using pm as cad&pwr source, delay is like 2-3s, cadence and power goes to 0, most realistic like this.

Solution, powermeter link is mixing this, but also cadence is still bugged cause of suito when flywheel is rotating i think. But, when using pm as cad&pwr source, and suito as controllable trainer/resistance source, character acts most realistic way in zwift.

Over and out.

1 Like