Sole F63 vs. Horizon 7.0 AT

Hi Everyone,
I am about to buy my first treadmill and I’ve narrowed the list to two models, the Sole F63 and the Horizon 7.0 AT. I’ve read that the F63 works very well with Zwift, but I didn’t find anything about the Horizon. Anyone here is using it?
I really like the QuickDial controls of the Horizon, especially for intervals. Horizon advertise the compatibility with Zwift on their website, but I wanted to check with someone who has it before buying it.
Any pros/cons of the two models from people who are using them?

Thank you for your help!
Andrea

Welcome to Zwift Forums

If you want to read what has been written on the forum about Horizon 7.0 AT then just type the model name & number into the search facility. Hopefully link below might do same thing.

Be aware most things entered on forum are there because of issues going wrong so what you read may come across as very negative. This might not be the full picture so do wait for a few review replies to come in.

https://forums.zwift.com/search?q=Horizon%207.0%20AT

Edit - you may wish to check out this link. Horizon not currently on Zwift supported list, personally don’t know how that impacts things but sure others will comment.

I have a Horizon 7.8AT and it works great with Zwift; my recommendation, if you want to be 100% sure, is go down to tthe store and try it out with your iPad or Phone and see if you can connect with the demo machine.

The quick dial controls are nice but can also be a nuisance if you accidentally strike them while running. I’ve put myself on 4% incline and dropped myself to 2MPH in the middle of a race because I wasn’t paying enough attention to my hands.

I will say that the Horizon has had a few electrical gremlins over the 1.5 years I’ve had it. For a while, the display was flickering in and out and doing some weird stuff (not that I notice, the iPad sits on top of it now) and then the speakers would go weirdly quiet on me mid-workout (though that went away on its own.) My most recent issue is that the “Stop” and fan buttons stopped working (I assume from sweat overload) though they should be fixed under warranty once I can be bothered to schedule someone out.

In the grand scheme of things pretty minor gripes considering I am running a lot of miles on it with Zwift every week and it “just works.” I was looking at the Sole as well but during the pandemic it ended up being backordered and so the Horizon I got. You’ll be happy with either one, I’m sure.

I own a Sole Fitness F85 and I would suggest you go with the Sole. The cushioning is great and you can feel it compared to others. Preserves your knees better!
Other point is the speed and incline on the side bars, and I am not really sure of the design of the Horizon about the HR handles (not a fan of bars pointing in the air like this).

It connects to Zwift directly if you’d like to do that, but remember speed displayed will be the belt speed and not the speed you actually run. If not connecting it to Zwift you can connect a HRM. Good stuff and aftersale support is good (I had to change the belt after few years of intense running).

Thank you!
Andrea

1 Like

Thank you for the info!
What do you mean by “speed displayed will be the belt speed and not the speed you actually run”? Is there a difference between the two?

Yes the speed displayed is the speed the belt is currently moving. Your own speed is not that, but he’s. Every time you step, you slow the belt, which has to speed up to catch back before you next step showing it down again. If you use a Stryd, you would see that you are more or less 0.7kmh slower. That’s why often people say it’s easier to run in treadmill because faster, and difficult to reach that speed outside.

So speed displayed is belt speed not actual running speed😊