Single player career/story mode

This was posted before, but got no feedback, so trying again.

I think a career mode would be cool, with a ‘build into a pro cyclist’ style single player mode where it is story/accomplishment driven.  You start as a local cyclist and have to race AI and complete workouts to develop your character to the point where you are a pro and win “the big race”. 

As you race, you acquire equipment and/or cash (to buy equipment/apparel).  You could have a Virtual Power, which could be a multiplied version of your actual Power, so that as you train, your multiplier increases so that your in-game character develops stronger at maybe a faster pace than you would personally in real life (and let’s face it, most of us aren’t going to develop into a real pro, so we’ll need some virtual assistance).  There could be difficulty levels that you could pick at the career mode outset, which would define how fast these multipliers increase over time/completed workouts.  Or the difficulty could just be based of FTP.

Of course, all of this would be completely disconnected from the current Zwift game mode.

1 Like

I think this would be great for kids. I have a 12-year-old son that thinks TDF on PS4 is cool and I think Zwift with a touch of the TDF game would be a killer game for him. He has tested races for kids on Zwift with my user (changed weight/height), but there are few attendees and the level of the riders is very different. With a career/story mode, cycling would be just as fun as playing games. If Zwift, in addition, could offer a family plan, like e.g. Spotify, I would certainly go for that.

1 Like

I think this is a great idea. You can pick what kind of races you want your rider to specialize in. Short track, long endurance, etc. Then follow a training plan before the races.

1 Like