Silly things that annoy you about Zwift (Keep it light and Fun)

I got the +10XP power up twice in a row during a Crit City event yesterday morning. About as useful as a bus on Ventoux. Maybe less.

1 Like

Yeah, my avatar sucks as a bike handler, too; always taking the wrong line through corners and maneuvering out of the draft for no reason. There is no way Iā€™m that squirrely IRL!

4 Likes

The incorrect distance boards on the Innsbruck UCI course drive me nuts! Youā€™d think Iā€™d ignore them and accept it by now but youā€™d be wrong.

2 Likes

Zwift races attract a more sophisticated following than a second rate event like TdF. And their number is limited, itā€™s an exclusive club to be a Zwift spectator.

You want proof the TdF is for amateurs? Just look at Stage 21, that Roglic guy was wearing his helmet backwards in the TT, or at least it seems that way. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQQTNt2WUAAz901.png

1 Like

Since you can travel through other avatars, how about when you creep through someone from behind and can then see the inside of their face?

:grimacing:

6 Likes

I donā€™t like that my avatar canā€™t get off the bike and walk it up hills. That surely seems more realistic for me. Oh ā€¦ and sleeping on the side of the road. That would bring more realism.

11 Likes

The sticky draft on a 10% incline just cracks me up. It begs the question - WHY?

Well, the sticky draft, in general, is really from another world. Iā€™m always thinking about how interesting IRL rides would be if those physics applied.

2 Likes

The Ventoux milestones. Why oh why do they have to say a` instead of Ć ?

4 Likes

When the ETA for a hill climb segment (for example) is way more than a minute, but you still see it in secondsā€”e.g. ā€œETA 453ā€¦ā€ (and thatā€™s clearly not minutes).

4 Likes

Like that Bruce Willis movie, where the kid sees dead people :laughing:

1 Like

The distances of the segments on Alpe du Zwift.
Who is interested in the segments to be precise down to 1 cm?

3 Likes

I still have PTSD from seeing the inside of a riderā€™s face on camera 3. I now stick faithfully to camera 1.

8 Likes

In the London subway the overhead light fixtures cast shadows on the ground. This is apparent on the stairs section. Since there is no visible light source above the overhead light fixtures there shouldnā€™t be any shadows cast from the fixtures themselves. Itā€™s apparent for the modeling the designers added a light source above the light fixtures instead of below them.

Itā€™s been mentioned already, but ā€œrainā€ in the London subway is also amusing.

4 Likes

Floating roads!! And I donā€™t mean the sky roads in NYC, but the many sections of road throughout Zwift where the road appears to be ā€˜hoveringā€™ about a foot over the surrounding ground (at least on Apple TV). If the road is going around a curve I can sometimes even see UNDER the road to the other side. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I did a 20 lap Crit City race the other day and got the +10xp powerup at least 15 times. I literally couldnā€™t believe it.

3 Likes

After an update, it turns the opening page music back to on, meaning I sound like a 15 yr old with his first set of DJ decks (beats out of sync with Spotify).
Gudunk gudunk gudunk :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Floating roads!!

And if the road isnā€™t floating, you often get floating objects (e.g. cars, micro busses, etc) parked off the side of the road. I think there are plenty of these on the way up Ven-Top.

The bike horn crowd noise sound. Adding a volume slider for that and the crickets chirping would sure be nice.

When Iā€™m pushing through a solid yellow block in a workout, and someone smoothly overtakesā€¦ while their workout screen is grey!

8 Likes

thatā€™s the worst! or if youā€™re in that yellow and youā€™re drafting someone and suddenly you drop down to green or blue and lose the draft ā€“ no amount of speeding up your cadence will get you back in!