Script error and AMD error

Hi!

I want to test Zwift, and of my friends I’m the only one with this problem… :sweat_smile:

When I launch “ZwiftLauncher.exe” appears the message “Script error”, URL: “https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js”. I tried with Yes and No buttons, with Close window button without results. :roll_eyes: What about this message? :no_mouth:

After “Login” button and “Let’s go” button, a new window opens “Zwift app” with blue background and giant “Z” Zwift Logo, I can hear sound of bicycles pass and this window has a “Not responding message” on the top center. but also in the taskbar a message appears: “Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered” but I have the last driver update!!! :angry:

:computer: Computer specifications:

• Lenovo
  • Windows 8.1, 64bits
  • AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6 (I have last driver update)
  • RAM: 16GB

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Zwift many times, I deleted Documents/Zwift carpets and running Zwift as Administrator, but the problem continues.

Thanks for your time! :wink:

Here is a thread that could be useful: Zwift launcher causes script error on Windows 10

1 Like

Hi,

My first problem: the Script Error was solved with this information (Thanks @Paul_Allen):

• Open “Internet Options” on your Windows machine [Windows 8.1 my case] (the Options are in Internet Explorer, not Edge)
  • Open Tab Security
  • Select Zone “Restricted Sites”
  • Press Button “Sites”
  • Add the URL that caused the error, my case: https://connect.facebook.net
  • Close and press “OK”

But my second problem persists: “Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered”, any ideas? :thinking:

2 Likes

@Pep_Estrada

It sounds like you need to update your graphics driver. Please see this support article for the how-to.

Hi @shooj

Yes, I have the latest update (AMD Radeon R6 Graphics, Version 14.201.1003.1002), I have checked it following this steps:

Open “Device manager” > Display Adapters > Right button on my Graphic Adapter > Properties > Driver tab > Update Driver Button, and yes my controller is updated.

Another idea? Thanks for your time!

@Pep_Estrada
Let’s back up a second: the error message you get links out to Facebook? Is that correct, or did you copy & paste the wrong thing?

Please verify that you’re running a 64 bit version of Win 8. Zwift will not install or run properly on 32 bit OS’s.

Assuming that is 64 bit Win8, next step is to make sure that .NET 3.5 Frameworks is installed. This is required for Zwift to run.

Hi @shooj

About my Script error on “Restricted Sites” I added the URL that caused the error, my case: “https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js” (see image below):

But when I selected Add Button from the slash “/” part to the end is removed “/en_US/fbevents.js”, just has added this URL: “https://connect.facebook.net”, (see image below):

I verify and yes i’m running 64 bits Windows 8.1:

I had disabled .NET Framework 3.5 but I followed your link instructions and my second problem persists: “Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered”. (See images below):

Thanks.

Another ideas/instructions @shooj ?

@Pep_Estrada
We are investigating an issue on our server that might cause this. Are you still seeing this? When it’s happened in the past it’s been intermittently and hard to replicate.

Also - for more context - is this a work-issued computer?

@Pep_Estrada
Our QA team suggests a couple of steps:

1. That script error looks like an Internet Explorer 9 dialog box. The Zwift launcher piggybacks on your computer’s default browser, which is IE9 apparently. First step is to clear the cache of IE9. Here are instructions.

2. It’s possible you have a firewall issue causing the “restricted sites” error. Please check the Windows Firewall settings and add *.zwift.com as a permitted site. Also check your WiFi router - if you’re savvy type, please allow *.zwift.com on your router, and open TCP traffic on ports 80 and 443 and all Zwift incoming UDP traffic on port 3022

Hi @shooj, I have answers for you:

Are you still seeing this?

Yes, I still see the same message: “ Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered ”.

Also - for more context - is this a work-issued computer?

I use my own personal laptop :computer:, I use it for work but I don’t have special programs installed.

Our QA team suggests a couple of steps:

1. That script error looks like an Internet Explorer 9 dialog box. The Zwift launcher piggybacks on your computer’s default browser, which is IE9 apparently. First step is to clear the cache of IE9.

My default browser is Google Chrome, but the “Script error” was solved as I explained earlier doing this: click here.

It’s possible you have a firewall issue causing the “restricted sites” error. Please check the Windows Firewall settings and add *.zwift.com as a permitted site.

The first time I entered in Windows Firewall, Zwift didn’t appear, (see image below):

So I followed Microsoft Support instructions and I did three tests:

1. First, allowing “ZwiftLauncher.exe”

2. Second, allowing “ZwifLauncher.exe” and “ZwiftApp.exe”

3. Third, allowing “ZwiftApp.exe”, (see 3 images below):

And I got a new result for me but the same result in all 3 tests: A static picture with cyclist and “Iniciando sesión (Spanish) / Logging in (English)” text and the same dialog message “Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered:angry: (see image below):

I appreciate your support and hope to find a solution together soon! :upside_down_face: