Scotland Map is coming

I just stumbled across this in the FAQ. Did I miss something or is this brand new info?

Source - This Season on Zwift FAQ

Nice spot

1 Like

Wow. I half-jokingly suggested this in another thread a couple of weeks ago. Makes so much sense given the big UCI event in 2023 though.

Kelpies for sure.
Loch Ness monster?

2 Likes

I love new (paved) roads, or the idea of them but I hope this isn’t just yet another half baked world that doesn’t get the love/updates it deserves to be awesome.

3 Likes

I looks like it is target purely at racing, so it probably won’t get any updates. A bit like crit city but with a few more options. Which is fine.

Ugh don’t we have enough of these half baked mini maps? We have loads of worlds already, most are under developed with construction signs, barriers and teasers of what could have been. Why not get NYC, London, Richmond, Bologna, Innsbruck, or any of the others that could be quality worlds on a similar level as Watopia and the Zapanese islands?

6 Likes

Different strokes for different folks.

It makes sense to expand and develop Watopia, Makuri and France, but I don’t see any problem with having event focussed worlds either.

3 Likes

I dont know, im ok with some of the smaller maps being just that - Race specific routes etc

Though I agree, there is then a need for the more expansive worlds to get new roads to keep them fresh.

Crit City although small, meets its needs & is pretty good.
France, could probably do with some expansion.

2 Likes

If the maps are big enough to have a solid ride without repeating loops multiple times sure. Smaller loops are okay for racing but get very exhaustive over a winter or better part of a decade (Richmond is 7 years old now!) Most of these “underdeveloped” worlds could surely use some love, or at minimum connect some of the micro worlds together. I’m sure most can agree to that.

Heck even France or Watopia, create an off shoot or backside of the main climb like many other topics have discussed and drawn out, even using the IRL roads that already exist. That would be welcomed by many, I believe.

2 Likes

The first ever combined UCI World Championships are in Scotland in 2023. It’s just so logical that Zwift would set up racing routes accordingly. Hopefully the three routes will be joined up so that combinations and longer routes are possible for free riding.

An easy “win” for zwift in this area would be to have a route plan function. (Essentially RoadCaptain) and then we could have multiple new ways to ride existing maps.
The game effectively downloads a cue sheet of directions when you load into a route anyway.

6 Likes

100% agree.

I hope it has lots of false flat and lots and lots of slow gravel! :wink:

will a post ride deep fried kebab available?

3 Likes

Looking forward to the scenery on this one, considering how the scenery has been getting better and better from Zwift recently.

3 Likes

Nah, you’ll want a deep friend Mars bar.

Can’t wait to hear the bagpipes from the highlands

1 Like

You ride with your sound on???

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Never, I was being facetious :wink:

1 Like