Hi folks. Looking for anybody with any ideas.
I’m fairly new to indoor cycling but have been doing a lot recently (last few months) all was well until the last few weeks where I have been developing real soreness sitting down. My research has led me too see that turbo cycling tends to be far more in the saddle than outside cycling. Through research I have tried the following:
- Now wear bib shorts
- Wear no underwear with my shorts
- Use chamois cream
- Found my sit bone size
- Bought a wider saddle as the one I had was far to small
- Played around with different saddle heights and positions
- Try to remember to stand up in the pedals every 10 minutes or so
- Exercising off bike to strengthen my core so that can sit in different lower positions
The pain got so bad yesterday that I had to stop my 2 hr training session after about 1hr 15 minutes because it was so sore. After a few minutes I continued but had to stop again after about another 30 minutes. The 2 hr session is only twice a week as most of my sessions are about an hour but they both kill me.
Anybody got any other ideas that might work. Luckily today is a rest day and I have two this week as I’m on a active recovery week but I’m dreading next week already.