Riders nearby board empty on group rides/races

Still happening @shooj. I experienced it in the 7:35 mst 3R Sand & Sequoias race today, and other DIRT team members also had the same issue in races this morning. It was the first time it’s happened to me since early November, but still frustrating that the glitch is still there. Hope a fix is in the works.

1 Like

This happened with me as well in a race yesterday with boost mode. Since I had never done a race with boost mode before I presumed that it had something to do with that. Now I see that it is an ongoing issue. Please fix.

1 Like

Same here on the 30th of December : 3R Road To Ruins Hilly Race - 1 Lap (29…2km/18.1mi 275m) (D) . At the beginning riders were visible but after seconds gone. The problem is known for more then 6 months now!!! When are going to fix it??

2 Likes

They don’t have to fix it. They’re woke!! Their job is to fling open the doors to snowflakes, ethnic cherubs and any other victims de jour social media says is out there.

Your job is to cough up money for Zwift investors every month - NOW SHUT UP!!

1 Like

Zwift, this problem is still happening. Ive seen it on my last two races

2 Likes

I am new to Zwifting, started 4 weeks ago. First few races were fine, now all my races show no rider list at all. It ruins the experience and I think I’ll cancel my subscription, can’t bear to pay full price for a substandard product. Surely after 6 months of suffering this issue, the Zwift team should have sorted it, which tends to suggest it’s a longer term problem still.

I have saw this happening last night while my wife was racing and now some people from our cycling club (in UK) are reporting the same. Looks like this issue is back again. Pretty frustrating during a race😢

1 Like

I have two instances in the last week just as described above. Enter the race, start pen full, race starts and the rider list is gone can’t see others in the list on right that shows position, effort, gaps…

Race course has avatars of racers and others just riding the course. No way to tell who is who. Kinda sucks that this persists. Noted that Zwift Power seems to be bland for race stats power breakdown on these glitched races. FIX PLEASE.

Same issue here on a hardwired internet connection. Started about 2 weeks ago, never had problems before.

Happened to me yesterday during TDZ stage 5. Took away from the experience.
Seems like this is not a new issue.

Happened to me today in a TdZ ride 6. I started in the pen, said there were 1660+ riders, i was 500th to start, ended up quickly towards the back but pulling more watts than those in front. Then they all disappear, nothing on the display on the right apart from me. Others keep passing me - from where I’ve no idea, and when I pass others my position doesn’t change. But still the only one on the board on the right. I end up finishing, says I placed 1620th but 525 according to Zwift power. Def something weird in the game, getting confused on where you are then not being bale to show the right riders and information around you as it doesn’t understand where you are ranked.

Same. TdZ 6A, came out of the pens with everyone else and just watched my position plummet and rider list get smaller and smaller until it was just me and my position was stuck at 27 from last (number getting bigger as late joins got dropped ‘in front’ of me).

Late in the ride, I fan viewed a nearby rider to try to see what position it said they were in (didn’t show me their position) and, when I switched back, my rider list was suddenly populated again, but the position was still, seemingly, in the start pens.

Had the same issues on both of the below rides this week (3R endurance and TDZ 8) Started near front of pen in both, clearly passing people but rider position only goes downwards until showing eg 290/295 even when ahead of lead or on the fence in the group ride and finishing 71 in the companion race results. In both cases messaging working fine, all avatars visible in ride, no other apparent issues.

Only thing I can think related might be in both events I did the join pen, exit to save position go do warmup and rejoin trick.

events.php?zid=1673334
events.php?zid=1659960

Apple TV 4K.

Same again today @shooj . I’ve had a few instances of this over the last few months. I was able to see a few riders in the Group Riders Nearby box at the start of the ride today. By the end, all Group Riders Nearby had disappeared, despite the fact I was riding in a group in my event (see picture) - probably because my group was a way ahead of the others. It does make racing a bit more tricky - kind of like IRL - without the numbers! Not a big deal for me in the minor events but it really matters in the high-profile events like the PL (it happened to me in the Paris event in one of the PL Qualifiers, which was a pity).

Same here, Android, latest update.

The main group was behind us, I was in front 30-40 but my placing never changed all ride.

1 Like

Same for me today during Haute Route Watopia 2021 Stage 1. I was stuck in 434th place from the start and throughout the ride. Ended up being DQ’d from the event by ZP as my WKG was too high. Sure is hard to judge your relative effort when live stats are not available!

Yes, too much power but if you didnt get that you would have got the UPG too as you were racing in the wrong Cat (you are B and you entered C).

You may wish to mention your “stuck at 434th place” issue in the Haute Issues thread:

Thanks for the heads up Dean. Appart from the game glitch, I find it confusing that ZP has me as a C (Almost B) which is why I entered as a C. I agree that I had a good ride which may well support a B status. Will continue the event in the more competitive category.
Cheers

ZP is showing me that you are Cat B - I suspect that ride moved you from C to B based on comment. Congrats!

Suggest you vote up the below thread - when you are at the bottom of a Cat, depending on motivations, it can be difficult to get podiums and therefore Cat based only works for those at the top of Cats. Ranking based would make life fairer for all.

1 Like

I appreciate your feedback and you looking into this. It now shows me as a B.
E.

1 Like