Riders Disappearing

I have read many posts about this and still haven’t found a solution. During my ride, riders disappear and I am out on the road by myself. It has happened during races too. If I turn off my wifi and turn it back on, the game reconnects, riders reappear and I am back on track. If I do nothing and ride to the end, the ride won’t save. It’s as if I never rode. I’ve discovered that it only happens when I am running the Zwift Companion App. If I am not running Zwift Companion, I do not have the issue. Has anyone else noticed this? My wifi connection is strong with download speeds at 140Mbs and upload speeds at 12Mbs so i don’t think that’s the problem.

Clarke,

That is your internet connection. Make sure your WiFi signal is strong on the device you are running Zwift on. The riders disappearing is because you either lost WiFi or Internet connection.

Like I stated in another port about your situation, I am guessing you are using the ZCA on an Android since there have been similar issues reported by others.

It really makes it difficult to assist you when you are using 2 threads about the same issue. 

Are you on iOS 11.3?

What version is your ZCA?

Are you sending a lot of messages during the rides?

Have you tried restarting the phone?

I have been using the ZCA (formerly the ZML) on my iPhone for years and it has never caused my Zwift to crash on my PC.

Thx Paul for trying to help.

I’m having the exact same issues as Clarke. During the ride I drop riders through lost Wi-Fi connection. After reconnecting they reappear, but if I’m riding with someone I have no idea where they are. Don’t know if his idea that our mobile link is part of the problem?

Interesting he’s having problems at 140 Mbs speed where I’m from a small town in Montana and getting only 4Mbs download. Don’t remember what my upload numbers are but were checked as being consistent with my download speeds.  

I am using an iPhone (version 11.3) for my ZCA, which is version 2.2.2(392) so I think I’m up to date on all. I do send periodic messages and “Ride Ons” but don’t think I’m abusing the priviledge. Pretty sure that not too long ago I uninstalled ZCA and downloaded it again.

I too have seen so many posts on this issue I’m not sure which one to follow but found your response interesting in attempting to help on this one.

Thx Paul for trying to help.

I’m having the exact same issues as Clarke. During the ride I drop riders through lost Wi-Fi connection. After reconnecting they reappear, but if I’m riding with someone I have no idea where they are. Don’t know if his idea that our mobile link is part of the problem?

Interesting he’s having problems at 140 Mbs speed where I’m from a small town in Montana and getting only 4Mbs download. Don’t remember what my upload numbers are but were checked as being consistent with my download speeds.  

I am using an iPhone (version 11.3) for my ZCA, which is version 2.2.2(392) so I think I’m up to date on all. I do send periodic messages and “Ride Ons” but don’t think I’m abusing the priviledge. Pretty sure that not too long ago I uninstalled ZCA and downloaded it again.

I too have seen so many posts on this issue I’m not sure which one to follow but found your response interesting in attempting to help on this one.

Are you using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz for your Wifi?

I have had far fewer issues using 2.4Ghz since it tends to have more range and a more penetration power. You may also want to change the channel of the wireless to a higher one to avoid interference.

Thanks Paul.

I’m using ZCA version 2.2.2 and iOS 11.3 

I will look into the 2.4Ghz vs. 5Ghz suggestion and see if that makes a difference.