Returning my Zwift Hub

Asking the customer if they’d like us to schedule a pick-up is standard for my business (for warranty returns at least).

UPS drop off points can be pretty ubiquitous but there’s plenty of other carriers I can think of that would be a 30+ km drive to find a drop-off point willing/able to take something the size of a trainer and that’s not even getting into more remote rural areas.

1 Like

I have today returned a faulty trainer to Tredz cycles and they arranged for it to be picked up. this was the second one that was faulty and they arranged a courier each time.

Edit - as a side note - avoid thinkrider trainers - the trainer was cheap so took a punt on it and after two faulty units I won’t be getting a third one!

1 Like

Hi, it’s Yav from Zwift’s Support Team.

Sorry to hear about the delay in getting help with your Hub return.

We’ve got it all sorted and will be taking the feedback on this isolated case to improve our service going forward. We always try our best to support our members quickly so everyone can keep rolling!

Ride On!

3 Likes

I also haven’t ever had a company offer to have anything picked up, it’s always been on me to take it to the dropoff site. I live in a rural location, I wonder if that’s part of it. But that’s the norm as I’ve experienced it.

1 Like

Have you ever had to return anything that was faulty and was very big and heavy?

if they send you something that doesn’t work and it is a very large item that will cost you money to return they should pick it up.

you shouldn’t be put out by them sending you a product that doesn’t work as described.

if you break it or need it serviced after a lot of use that is different.

I don’t know about ‘shouldn’t’. Would it be better, and would I be happier, if they sent someone to pick it up? Sure. Is it going to make me not do business with that company if they don’t? Might depend on the item. Here in the States I don’t think any company is under any legal requirement to do it, and it feels pointless to talk about what a company ‘should’ do in terms of shipping and receiving. They’re going to do whatever they think makes them the most money. I expect individual people in companies to think about what they should do in terms other than money, but I don’t expect companies themselves to do that.

Sending things is one thing, collecting things they sent that don’t do what they said they’d do, arte faulty, broken etc is very different.

you paid them to send you a working product - they didn’t do that, they should fix it.
what if someone doesn’t have a car? how are they to get a trainer to a delivery drop off point?

I completely agree that it would be better for the customer if companies picked it up. I’m not disagreeing with you there. I just don’t know what we mean by ‘should’ here. They’re immoral for not doing it, or they’re failing at some sort of duty they have to us, a requirement? Or just that it would be better for us if they did, ‘in an ideal world’ sort of claim?

I’m no corporate apologist, but companies are going to do what makes them money. If they started picking up all the returned units, but tacked on $5/unit sold in order to not lose the money, would we be happier? If making us take the units to the drop off spots isn’t losing them money, or if they don’t think that picking them up will make them more money, they won’t do it. Is there some rule that they aren’t following that says that they ‘should’? I just don’t think of corporations that way. People, yes. Corporations, no.

Hi Robert, I’m having issues returning my item to DPD. Where were you able to drop it off?
I tried my local corner shop that is a DPD drop off location but they would not take it as it was too large.